Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Banshee powerband

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 10:25 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee powerband

Yea guys, i'm not sayin that's the only thing i wanna git, it's just the #1 on my list right now, b/c of it's stock speed and mod potential. I am still lookin around. the reason i said don't try to talk me out of it was b/c everybody tells me not to start out on a quad that powerful. But i'm payin for it, and i can't afford to buy a quad now, and another one later. I'm not the stupidest person on a quad, the ones i've riden, i've picked it up quickly. I just didn't want this post to be about everybody tellin me not to git it and more about what we need to know, thx.

Old 02-11-2004, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider

thats cool carguy - I think what everyones tryin to say is that there have been a lot of people who have gotten hurt on these monsters...no one here wants to find out you got a banshee and rode it stupidly and got hurt. thats good that you know your limits and take it safe it first.....you should be fine.

Are you wanting a nysport quad that you can get a lot of mods for more leaning towards a 2 stroke?

Old 02-11-2004, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: carguy07
Corpsie, i know enough about it to know that that's what i want. I know what a modded banshee's potiential is. Just because i didn't know exactly how it worked, doesn't mean i don't know enough to be narrowing my choices.
I guess your first question was misleading. I took it as "what's so different about the powerband of the banshee [sic] compared to 4 strokes?" I didn't know you wanted to know how the engines actually developed power differently.

I am still lookin around. the reason i said don't try to talk me out of it was b/c everybody tells me not to start out on a quad that powerful.
It's not that the banshee is "that powerful" it's that the power comes on later (aka higher engine speeds) and when it does it comes ON. People mention the whole light switch comparison and it's fairly accurate.

I'm all about smooth power and ease of maintenance, both of which are not high points of 2 strokes.

Old 02-12-2004, 10:07 AM
Range Rover

yes, i admit, my initial post was sort of misleading. I just wanted to know how 2-strokes were different in the way the produce the power, not the way the actually have the power. I finally got to ride a banshee, and i must admit, i wasn't expecting the powerband to be the arm-staightening, but that just makes me want it even more. now i know first hand that they can be dangerous, and i know now that i must be careful. like i said, i wanted this post to be about the question and not about everybody telling me not to get a banshee, thx.

Old 02-12-2004, 11:49 AM
Pro Rider

Carguy07,

I understand now. Had I know before my answer would have been http://science.howstuffworks.com/two-stroke.htm
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] and I wouldn't have mentioned anything about not getting a banshee.

BTW: After your done with break-in, have fun turning that thing into a power monster with some aftermarket pipes and valves.

Old 02-12-2004, 12:57 PM
Pro Rider

yeah...have fun with the banshee carguy!!

Old 02-12-2004, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
yes, i admit, my initial post was sort of misleading. I just wanted to know how 2-strokes were different in the way the produce the power, not the way the actually have the power. I finally got to ride a banshee, and i must admit, i wasn't expecting the powerband to be the arm-staightening, but that just makes me want it even more. now i know first hand that they can be dangerous. q]

After a week you will no longer be worryied about the danger of it, you will love it, and learn to use it to an advantage on all terrains. Carefull with getting a banshee though you will spend all your money trying to keep that feeling of dangerous power. Once you get it again you get used to it again and you want to go faster. You will also get so used to the hit of power you'll never want to ride a 4 stroke again.

Old 02-13-2004, 03:04 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: xxxracerxxx
you will feel a powerband on a 2 stroke really good, mine lags a lot at 1/4 throtle then after that it hits hard almost throws you off the quad
exactly the way my YZ125 is.

On the warrior the strongest point the powerband is where the torque maxes out (somewhere in the midrange)