Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

sport quad for a fat a**!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 02:12 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sport quad for a fat a**!

Here is my quandary. I am 6'3" and about 340. I am going to be purchasing a sport quad. Although it is very nice a didn't like the DS 650 I rode and I won't go auto. So I'm wondering what would be the best fat man ride out there. Reverse is a plus but not mandatory. I am worried about the frame on the z/kfx/cat quads, all the raptor probs scare me along with the tippy factor. I will be riding mostly wooded trails but I have friends that MX and I would love to give it a try. They should start a clydesdale class like when I raced mountain bikes so us big boys could crumple our quads together. So what do you all think. I'll go and check them all out at the dealers, but was just looking for some first hand experience from some big boys (or girls)

Old 02-22-2004, 02:22 AM
Pro Rider

the DS is the biggest stock sport quad out there. the new YFZ450 from yamaha has a low center of gravity, and lots of power. i rode/jumped it (6'1" 200 lbs) and my friend's dad (5'10" about 300 lbs) said that it felt very quick, even with him on it. the low center of gravity should help with your "tippiness" problem. my recommendation would be the DS650.

Old 02-22-2004, 02:56 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

The 700 V Force would work for you.

Old 02-22-2004, 03:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Mobyguzzer
Although it is very nice a didn't like the DS 650 I rode and I won't go auto.
Not sure what this me means, what didn't you like about the DS? Maybe it wasn't set up for your weight. Adjusting the suspension and toe make all the difference in the world.

As long as you don't get an 01 Raptor, I think most of their problem have been taken care of.

I think the DS is your best choice, it is like they were built for a big guy, it is a heavy quad, but it is built well to handle the bigger riders.

Good luck with your choice.

Old 02-22-2004, 06:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I didn't see the auto thing. But you have eliminated the Raptor, DS, and V Force. There isn't much left to choose from. Maybe a Predator?

Old 02-22-2004, 08:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

hes worried about problems... i don think a pred is right for him...
my quad has been a never ending problem for the last month... 99% isnt polaris's fault but i still like to blame it on them.

Old 02-22-2004, 09:42 AM
Range Rover

Mobyguzzer
you probibly could work out a bit[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 02-22-2004, 10:29 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont rule out an automatic! You can tune them to out do any shifter. For your size I would serriuosly look at a Vforce or Scrambler.Neither is a great quad but do every thing well.

Old 02-22-2004, 10:33 AM
Range Rover

Not sure what this me means, what didn't you like about the DS? Maybe it wasn't set up for your weight. Adjusting the suspension and toe make all the difference in the world.
You might be right about this, I rode one that belonged to a 170# kid, what I noticed was the front suspension really diving in the corners, and what seemed like an excessive amount of body roll. So you may be right on the money.

An as for you 250man400

you probibly could work out a bit
Shut up or I'll sit on you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-22-2004, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider

I think you should get a VForce. However if you insist on shifting your own gears then go for a Raptor.

Quick Reply: sport quad for a fat a**!