Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Keeping your quad outdoors ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 01:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keeping your quad outdoors ?

If you had to keep your quad outdoors, what is the best way to keep theives from taking it? A friend just had his Raptor stolen and would like to know if there is anything he could have done differently to avoid this tragidy.

Old 07-03-2005, 01:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

Buy yourself a good quality floor anchor. Buy the best one you can possibly afford. They aren't totally theft-proof but it takes a lot of planning and effort to defeat the really good ones.

Stuart

Old 07-03-2005, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

I would buy a thick chain from a hardware store and wrap it around the frame then to a pole or something like that and lock it with a good master lock or brinks outdoor lock. And add a motion alarm to it so it they try to move it will go off and alert you.

Old 07-04-2005, 02:15 AM
Pro Rider

i had a great big chain.... try that

Old 07-04-2005, 08:47 AM
Range Rover

Get one of those locks that you cant cut through with bolt cutters and put it through your sprocket and over the chain.This way it wont roll making it harder to get. Best way is to put it inside. I would rent a storage unit before leaving my raptor outside.

Old 07-04-2005, 02:08 PM
Range Rover

put the quad out side ur window of your house and chain it to something and invest in a high powered pistol like myself.

Old 07-04-2005, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider

put a for sale sign on it and put "year and model of your quad $1200 bad motor and tranny" in huge lettering and make sure its very visible.

Old 07-04-2005, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

buy a small shed or put it somwhere no one can see it like ehind bushes or somthing

Old 07-05-2005, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TheTurtle
put a for sale sign on it and put "year and model of your quad $1200 bad motor and tranny" in huge lettering and make sure its very visible.
Haha, thats actaulyl a good idea. Just don't put your phone number on it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-05-2005, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

I try to avoid keeping the bike outside. When I have to though I keep it on the trailer, backed up against our teramite, chain from teramite to trailer, from teramite to bike, and from bike to trailer. No lock is thief proof, remember that. Oft times a lock can be picked quicker and easier than cut. You have to give them multiple obstacles and make it as difficult as possible. Sure this is more time consuming to you, but safety 1st. Secondly, get insurance. It's not expensive and highly recommended. Consider disabling the bike. Disable ignition system, put in gear and remove the shifter, remove the valve cores out of the tires. Most bikes are stolen by shoving them off, or atleast I would think anyway. There are more options obviously. How much piece of mind do you want?

Get a good quality tarp for the bike too as it's better if they're not constantly exposed to the elements.

Quick Reply: Keeping your quad outdoors ?