Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

2007 KAWASAKI KFX90 Speed reduction collar?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 02:10 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 KAWASAKI KFX90 Speed reduction collar?

Thanks for the Pic's, was this from a Suzuki 80 service manual? My husband will "play" this weekend with the new quads.
Thanks for all the other imput from everybody as well.

Old 11-09-2006, 09:10 PM
Trailblazer

I would be very interested in what you find along with what you think of the kawi 90. I am getting ready to buy 2 for my boys and not sure that I like what I here. How old are you kids?

Please let me know what you think about these quads. They are new to market so it might be hard to find information. I did see something on what you are talking about and will pass along the information as I receive it.

Old 11-11-2006, 02:24 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is also a GREEN WIRE MOD. Find the CDI (somewhere at the back???), and unplug the green wire. It is a rev limiter.

What my buddy described for the ring removal seemed a little different than the pictures. He said that behind the kick starter is a plate that you remove. Behind it is the belt and pullies. Remove the bolt holding the larger (?) one together, and take it apart and remove the ring. Put it all back together............

Old 04-21-2007, 01:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

could you send me the pics depicting where the speed reduction collar and how to remove it.

thanks,

Old 04-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hello,

Removing the restrictor collar is very easy. It requires an air impact gun to get the job done though.

1.) Remove CVT cover, plot out bolts on a piece of cardboard (the order of which you removed them), you'll need a c-ring spreader to remove the cover from the kick start (if you have one). Make sure you remove the bolt on the kick start so it can be removed from the shaft.
2.) Get yourself an air impact gun, 17mm socket, remove bolt on front CVT pulley, remove the outer pulley, hold the inner pulley closest to the engine after removing the outer pulley so nothing will fall out.
3.) Remove the ring that is on the sleeve (boss) between the CVT plates...and your done.
4.) Replace in reverse order...

Hope this helps, any questions feel free to ask...

Old 04-30-2007, 02:37 AM
Range Rover

I was just reading the thread for fun, and I found I was getting irritated over the cr-p we have to go thru to open stock bikes up....Darn (good word) on the old lt-80 it was a simple washer here and there.... Now the law-suit scared bike builders are telling us something?????? You keep sueing us for the stupid cra-- our kids do; we'll keep making it more difficult for you to make it faster. In sadness; the major mfgs have said we can parent our kids anymore so there'r going to do it for us......Sucks doesn't it.....

Old 04-30-2007, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

I have a service manual for a 07 KFX50. If you need directions on how to remove collar, then let me know!!!

Old 05-02-2007, 04:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi,
Any chance you can post pictures from the service manual? Reading the directions and seeing the pictures would really help me out. Appreciate the help.

2007 Kawasaki KFX50

Old 05-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

Pretty much the same but be aware that the 90 has three different types of restriction in the CVT, the only way to tell what you have is to remove the CVT cover.

1.) Restrictor boss or sleeve, it's grooved and located in the front pulleys. see 2nd link
2.) Restrictor ring or collar, located between the front pulleys. see 2nd link, the procedure is the same, just remove ring in between the pulleys.
3.) Restrictor ring or collar, located in the clutch pulley. see 1st link

First link: clutch = http://www.anythingatv.com/Technical...structions.htm

Second link: restrictor boss in front pulleys = www.scootertherapy.com/bosspage.html

The KYMCO is the same as the Kaw since they designed and built it...

NOTE*** There may be a variation as to what color wire you cut noted in the link*** Perform any of these mods at your own risk***

Old 05-03-2007, 11:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for posting the links for the pictures, that really helped because now I have a general idea. By the looks of this it is different, but close. Mine has the goup of wires shown in the picture with a green wire, but I don?t see a ?loop?. And in this picture it shows the other end with a red wire going into it, where the finger is suppose to be pointing to green loop, but on mine it goes into another cdi plug altoghether. So I am not sure which wire to cut. If anyone reading has some suggestions, all are welcome.

2007 Kawasaki KFX50

Quick Reply: 2007 KAWASAKI KFX90 Speed reduction collar?