Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

ktm 525 vs outlaw 525

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 12:02 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ktm 525 vs outlaw 525

Id shop around, like I did and went with an 2007 Raptor 700SE NEW for only $5997 Total price out the door. The seat and riding position is more comfortable than some of the true race quads are and the money I saved could go to mods to make the Raptor faster than the competion 4 LESS MONEY, thats KEY - LESSS MONEY = MORE MODS in the future - BUT Iam getting to the point that a great built stock quad is better in the long run than a LITTLE faster modded quad. Another + to me was having reverse and TUNing fork emblems [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-19-2008, 12:56 AM
Elite Pro Rider

the 525 has reverse and i dont even have to mod it

Old 05-19-2008, 06:50 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: XtremeSkier

well i have a KTM 525XC and it's fast as hell and smokes everything so yup, that basically sums it up for ya</end quote></div>

I have a buddy with one and his sone has the Outlaw 525. My buddy is a grown man and his son is 15. and probably 90 pounds wet.

The KTM wins every time.

Here's the view out of my tent last dune trip:

Name:  100_6501.jpg
Views: 2298
Size:  97.6 KB

Here's the KTM Launching (you can see the outlaw through the roost):

Name:  100_6579.jpg
Views: 2335
Size:  75.5 KB

Here's father and son racing:

Name:  100_6582.jpg
Views: 2305
Size:  51.1 KB

The KTM only lost to a streetbike engined blaster. To be honest, I don't rmember any banshee's.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Trailblazer

I didnt answer the question before, so I will now, after working on a Polaris once Id never buy one, the KTM looks trick and I know its fast, but when Austria's people go crazy again and start killing each other (Civil War) you wont be able to get parts and if you can they will be marked up about 500%, beleive me I know because I have onwed one for a very short time LONGGG AGOOo, I hate to say that but if you know anything about Austria you will understand what Iam saying. BTW Gary how you like that 700XX, Id love to ride one someday, Id say its smooth as silk and a torque monster.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:45 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: WVWOLVERINE450

BTW Gary how you like that 700XX, Id love to ride one someday, Id say its smooth as silk and a torque monster.</end quote></div>

At the risk of bringing this off topic, I've oly rode it once (bought it Saturday andc rode it Sunday) I was really impressed with it and wish I would have had it a month ago when I went to the dunes. (I went riding with my buddies all of whom had much faster quads than mine)

Just like you said it's smooth as silk. Goose the throttle and the front end is in the air in almost any gear.

I love it. I'm hella sore now.

Old 05-20-2008, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

Well, I'm going to make a simple reply outta this one.

In the end, out of the box, right now I think the KTM is the end-all-end of sport ATV's. Yeah, it costs a lot... but look at it in person, look closer and look at all you get.

I have an AWESOME dealer here (but too expensive). My wife and I went in today and got to see both of the KTM's, all 3 Outlaws, the UM MX450R, the LTR450 and the LTZ400 all in the same room.

Now my wife doesn't know a lot about quads, but after some looking, tire kicking and mounting... as she was perched on the KTM she said... "this is not the best looking one, but this is the one, get it"... I chuckled and said "It's the cat's ***... but it's also 9 grand".... she looked at me and said "so?..................".

The point is, the money is not a big deal unless you don't have it.

I could get it if I wanted it, and there is a part of me that does want it.... but that part of me is half my current age. I'm not racing XC and I don't need to have the end-all-end out of the box ride.

So in the end, it's all in what you want and what you can afford. But comparing straight axle quads out of the box, the KTM is clearly on top. The question is.... is that really what matters to you most for your uses?

Old 05-21-2008, 12:55 AM
Trailblazer

Atv rider did a shootout of the big bores and the ktm pushed out the most hp they dynod it at 45 the raptor 700 at 41 and the outlaw 525s at 38. they did every kind of drag race from dirt drags to sand drags and hill climbs the ktm one all of them they said it never lost it was about 2 quad lengths ahead of the raptor on the hill climbs and the outlaw was about a quad length behind the raptor. but the outlaw did beat the raptor on a straight out dirt drag but still lost to the ktm. They said that the ktm felt by far the most powerful machine out of the 3. the only reason they said gives the ktm a little disadvantage is the off course the msrp of 9000 but thay said if that isnt a issue to def get that bike if you are a more intermediate to advanced rider. They said get the raptor if you are a bigger guy and more of a beginner to intermediate rider and to get the outlaw for a all around fun machine

Old 05-21-2008, 02:00 AM
Pro Rider

I think it was kind of "a given" that KTM was going to out-do the Polaris/KTM and the rest of the market before release.

I mean what would really be the point of going through the development of an entire machine if it wasn't going to top the Outlaw 525?

Old 05-21-2008, 06:53 PM
Pro Rider

Duster, what's up with that um mtx450? What motor does it use? The plastics make it look like a ktm, but the motor looks more like a suzuki or honda. (The magnesium brown colour)

Old 05-21-2008, 06:58 PM
Trailblazer

This is all of the stats for the UM MXT 450 it looks a little weird and i seriously dought it is making 51 hp *Powerful 449cc, single cylinder, liquid cooled, DOHC, 4 valve engine produces 51HP at 7,500 rpm.
* Lightweight and durable 35mm intake and 28mm exhaust valves provide precise valve control at high rpm.
* Ultra-compact, lightweight, high-tensile steel frame designed for low vibration, optimum rigidity and maximum durability.
* Compact and durable five speed transmission with reverse deliver all that power to the rear tires with maximum efficiency.
* Powerful four valve engine and 378-pounds dry weight give the MTX-450R a leading power-to-weight ratio.
* Reliable, pushbutton electric start in any gear adds extra convenience.
* Double A-Arm Front Suspension with adjustable gas reservoir shocks deliver superb travel and precise handling.
* Rear suspension system is linkage-type, controlled by an adjustable shock with 9.4 inches of travel.
* Lightweight front and rear master cylinders, combined with twin powerful front discs with twin-piston calipers and single rear disc, deliver incredible stopping power with progressive control and feel.
* Multi-function instrument display.
* Cool LED taillight ensure the MTX-450R is highly visible from behind.
* MSRP $5,999.00 plus freight and dealer prep.
* EPA & CARB certified.

Quick Reply: ktm 525 vs outlaw 525