Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Whats the best mini 50cc and 90cc racer?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2002, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to get my boy and girl a mini race quad for Christmas and starting to reaserch them alitle.Any help on this will be greatful.

Thanks,Mike

Old 07-21-2002, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have heard good things about Kasea,they have more suspension than a lot of the minis,and they make a lot of performance parts for the little motors. Of course, a lot of the minis share common engines,so performance parts are out there for all sorts of them. The main thing to look at is parts availability and reliability. A lot of manufacturers are offering minis now,it will be a tough choice !! Just make sure the fit is good, feet flat on the pegs/floorboards,and arms long enough to turn fully from side to side without having to lean way forward or come off the seat. I'm sure they'll have fun,my son started at 4 1/2,and learned real quick.

Old 07-21-2002, 09:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

I got my boy a LEM 50 condor, it has an actual 50cc motorcycle engine on it rather than a scooter engine, it has good suspension for a mini and only weighs in at 120lbs. My son is 3 years old and weighs 45 lbs. so the light weight machine will respond to his body english (as much as a 3 year old has) If your kid is larger then a LEM Cayman may be a better choice it weighs 134lbs and has good suspension. The main reason i like these bikes are the available mods I can do as my son progresses and they are the lightest I've seen and I've seen a few. I do recomend that you get the axle extensions if you do purchace one of these because my son rolled his yesterday, He cut it to sharp on an incline, in no way the bikes fault,not hurt just a little scared. Remember protect those kids, make them wear the boots and all gear including chest protector even if it's just around the yard, that's where my son was. Good luck, I highly recomend these bikes. Text<u>Text</u>

Old 07-21-2002, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider

Thats the 2 brands I am leaning toward.The LEM 50 and the Kasea 90.
I know of an excelent Kasea dealer in brookheaven,MS.But have no clue were there is a LEM dealer close buy me.

Old 07-22-2002, 12:36 AM
Trailblazer

well a good mini quad is the american huskey 50 or 90....they have performance parts on them and aftermarket shocks so they are pretty good quads

Old 07-24-2002, 09:28 AM
Pro Rider

Special,

How old are your kids? I'm kinda going through this as well, but it's for my 13 year old. He currently rides a modified Mojave 250, and I even let him cruise around on my Dale occasionally. Problem is AMA says he can only race up to 90cc, which stock are nowhere near enough for him.

Old 07-24-2002, 09:41 AM
Pro Rider

My boy will be three in December and my girl is seven.

Old 07-24-2002, 09:53 AM
Pro Rider

So their actually the right size for a 50 of 90. From what I've seen the lem looks like the best.

I've been doing some research and the modified 90s are all custim frames with built 80cc water cooled 2 strokes out of dirtbikes. The frames alone start at $10k. I did find one shop that will put 400ex front and banshee rear suspensions on a trx90 for 4k, but by the time I buy the 90, get the suspension work, and build or replace the motor, I could go buy him a Speed.

This really sucks

Old 07-24-2002, 09:58 AM
Pro Rider

specisl,

As far as mini RACER, Kasea bar none. They have enough aftermarket for the Kasea to beat most 250's and 300's. I have watched mini racing in cal that would blow your mind about how fast they make these things.

I have a phone number to a dealer in cal who will ship you one at a good price and can supply or advise on how to make them racers.

I looked for 6 months, but got the bayou 250 instead.

The LT80 is another good racer and could hook you up with a guy in PA who has been racing them for years. He currently moved his daughter to a 250R and is selling all his racers.

Old 07-24-2002, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

Yea gaff,I agree on the 90cc kasea.The guy I been dealing with in Brookheaven is a kasea dealer.I think im sold on the 90cc.Just gota
find a close LEM dealer for the 50cc for my boy.

Quick Reply: Whats the best mini 50cc and 90cc racer?