Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 09:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheelies

Cool man.

Well I just moved back to Montgomery. That's about 45 minutes North of you up by Jay Peak. Places to ride are getting scarce, but that's okay because I've lost my urge for trail riding.

I wish we had a pit where we lived, but there nothing. We could haul them to a Gravel pit 15 minutes away, but Gravel is no fun at all. There are some huge pits up in Highgate/Swanton area, but because of some recent ATV accidents and incidents, the Police have gotten very strict. I guess the landowner doesn't mind quads on his land, but as you know here in VT you have to have written permission and he doesn't want to to do that.

Anyway, have fun man.

-Josh

Old 10-14-2002, 08:42 PM
Trailblazer
Default wheelies

do you race at all i think i might like to do that but it probably won't happen. are you the guy that made the vtextreme site? i like all the pics. if you are where are the pictures with the big jumps taken from?

Old 10-14-2002, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default wheelies

Hey Man,

No, I don't race right now, but I plan to next year. That's the reason I bought my 400ex.

Yeah, www.vtextreme.com is my site....how did you find out about it?

The "big jumps" that I think you are talking about are at an MX Track in Swanton. We were actually the first ATV's alowed on the track and the pics were taken back in March or April, something like that. It was muddy and pretty messy. Still a lot of fun though. It's now opened up to ATV's and Bikes. It's a massive track too.

I can give you more info if you want, but basically it's $20 for a weekend of riding (Saturday and Sunday so that's $10 per day...not a bad deal). Like I said, the jumps are huge, but there is room to go around them if you choose. The jump in the pics is a nice table top, and there are a few of those. You pretty much can hit it at any speed and not have to worry. He's got some doubles as well, but they are pretty big. He's even got a 100 footer up there that is a monster. Nobody has hit it with a quad yet.

I'm thinking of going up this coming weekend actually. I don't imagine there is much time left.

Catch ya later man.

-Josh

Old 10-15-2002, 08:51 PM
Trailblazer
Default wheelies

you mentioned your site in some other post i think. it's a really good site are you part of GMO?

Old 10-16-2002, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default wheelies

Hey Man, Don't be afraid to sign the guestbook [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] .

Anyway, no, I'm not a part of GMO. I have talked to the guys, but never ridden with them. They all seem like great guys.

Last month I was lucky enough to get to ride with another VT stunt team called the Ballistic Clown Crew. They aren't quite as well known as GMO yet, but they are tallented and also really decent guys. We rode together up in St.Albans on September 14th at their stunt show. The show attracted 1200+ people. I have a few pics of me on my website riding in the show.

Also, for more info on the BCC you can view their website BALLISTIC CLOWN CREW .

Take care man.

-Josh