Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Warrior tire spider track ,sur track or bandit

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2002, 01:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking in to buying new rear tire for my warrior, I like all kind of riding, Mud,Sand pits and trail riding and I want a tire that I can use during the winter also from time to time.
I'm looking for the best all around tire .....
So far I have been looking at the spider track,sur track and bandit.
So far I heard a lot of goods on the Bandit but what about the other two anybody know if they would be a bether buy for the riding I want to do. Any other suggestions maybe ?????
And is a tire above 20 pds to heavy for the warrior.

Thanks.
Flapjack.

Old 09-13-2002, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Bandit won't be very good in the mud or snow. For what you want, the Spiders are a pretty good tire.

Old 09-13-2002, 09:51 PM
Range Rover

Ive never had bandits, but Ive heard lots of compaints about them from other guys out on the trails that they are lousy in the mud. My buddy used to have a warrior and had great luck with Realtors, I think the spider tracks would be great too.

Old 09-13-2002, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

I would suggest the Spider Tracs or Realtors 22". Both should be great for trail riding and they also resist punctures good.

Old 09-13-2002, 10:26 PM
Trailblazer

I've had realters on a worrior before. they offer good floatation in the mud and sand. their very loud going full speed down a gravel road though.

Old 09-15-2002, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

The spider tracs are a great tire. I've had a set on my Lt500 quad for years. They're also great for side bite down in ruts. The only question I would have is reverse. It isn't an issue with mine, because I don't have it. My father has a 2wd Big Bear and we put on GBC Dirt Devils (because he's rather conservative on prices). It is a six ply and seems to hook up well forwards and reverse. I wouldn't steer you away from the Spider Tracs, but reverse is an issue with you.

Old 09-19-2002, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider

I have never seen the other tires in action, but I have the Sur-Traks on my Warrior. I ride in about everything, except I haven't tried sand. Where I ride is occassionally dry, but is usually extremely muddy, and there is ALLOT of clay so it is slick as @#$&. The Sur-Traks are AWESOME. I love these tires! They work great in everything, and really aren't extremely heavy. My quad will go through twice as much w/ these as it did w/ the stock tires and hook up great. Not to mention these have allot better lateral bite than the Realtors and Spider Tracks will cause all there tread doesn't run side to side like the others do. I've heard stories of guys w/ Realtors that even on wet grass the quad wants to go side ways cause there is nothing to keep it from sliding. Now can you iamgine what that would be like on the side of a muddy hill?

Just my thoughts.

Old 09-19-2002, 11:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks to all for your replys, I took my decision and bought the Maxxis sur track because they are lither then the other tires in is class, I will tried them shortly and let you know what I think but so far I just heard good stories abought them.
Thanks again.

Marc.
91 warrior (sur track)

Old 09-22-2002, 09:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

I when out and tried those Maxxis sur track today and I was really impress they where excellent everywere I took them, I did not tried them in mud today but I did sand pits, rocks and trail riding, they never faild, they were like wood warrior said a very good all around tire.

MAXXIS SUR TRACS = AWESOME TIRES..........

Old 10-02-2002, 03:20 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

spiders will work 'real nice'

Quick Reply: Warrior tire spider track ,sur track or bandit