Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Fast sport quads

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2002, 07:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fast sport quads

I bought a Honda Rubicon in June and am now looking at possibly gettting a sport quad. I know a bit about utility quads from the research I did before buying mine, but don't know much about sport quads. I also snowmobile a lot so am somewhat familiar with Yamaha, Polaris, Bombardier and Arctic Cat from that sport. I'm so sick of lack of snow and stuff I'm thinking of getting a sport quad to rip around on frozen lakes and rivers and stuff. I like to go fast but also like my toys to be reliable and not fall apart. The only sport quads I've researched at all (just a little bit) are the Raptor, Predator, and Banshee. So lets hear it, what sport quads are the fast ones and what comments or experiences to you guys have that you'd be willing to share.

I own a Yamaha SRX snowmobile and have really liked this sled and it's reliability. I'm not brand loyal but I do have some opinions about some brands from snowmobile and utility quad experiences.

Thanks for any information and opinions.

Old 12-15-2002, 08:05 PM
Range Rover
Scared to death of girls!
Default Fast sport quads

Hello Chad,

I am picking up my Predator next Saturday. I've spent the last month reading everything I could about it. from what I gather, it is truly an awesome machine. That's straight out of the box too. The steering and suspension are supposed to be great. Add plenty of power, man I can't wait. Look for posts by Snarfblat. He got his recently and loves it. He's got a video posted on here that is well worth watching. I don't you would be disappointed with this fine machine.

Scott

Old 12-15-2002, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default Fast sport quads

predator,raptor,z400,2-strokes

Old 12-17-2002, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider
Default Fast sport quads

I would reccomend a Raptor, 400ex, cannondale, banshee or a z400. If i were you i would relly look into a Cannondale....

Old 12-18-2002, 10:42 AM
Pro Rider
Default Fast sport quads

Predator or Cannondale, both are very well rounded packages. Cannondale is expensive though.

Old 12-18-2002, 07:55 PM
Range Rover
Default Fast sport quads

it depends on your price, i would get a cannondale, but if thats to expensive i would go with the z it is a great trail machine.

Old 12-25-2002, 09:13 PM
Trailblazer
Default Fast sport quads

if you are willing to dish out a little cash-dale is your best bet. its incredibly quick, lightweight + it comeswith a lot of top ofthe line features right off the showroom floor. the cannibal has a agura hydrolic clutch for example-cant go wrong wit hthat. if youwant to have the best quad aound dales are your best bet.

Old 12-26-2002, 11:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default Fast sport quads

Personally, taking reliability into consideration, I would buy a Raptor for an all around fast quad. A Banshee if you can live with the 2 stroke aspect, a Z400/KFZ400 if you wanted something a little smaller than a 650 class or a DS650 if you can deal with the width and no reverse.

The Predator looks promising but I wouldn't want to buy one and be concerned about the reliability 50 miles out on a trail.

The Cannondales are nice but I honestly have to say that they can be quirky and not a quad that I would take too far from home.

Psst.... Get the Banshee - it's the most fun of all of them. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-26-2002, 11:04 PM
Trailblazer
Default Fast sport quads

after riding my new Gas Gas Wild HP 300 for the first time Im gonna have to say go get your name in on one, at only around 7500 dollars they are race ready fully widened out (axle, a-arms, ohlins big body shocks, race bumper, tires are razors, kill switch and nerfs already on her) this thing is tight Its alreaded had the aftermarket chrome pipe and over 50 hp stock from factory and you still have the two stroke which make them fun to ride, the powerband is very nice too very wide the chassis is a complete replica of roll design also so your getting a hell of a deal with this quad