Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

what do you use your sport quad for???

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do you use your sport quad for???

does anyone every ride there manual clutch quad in mud,snow or anything like that. just wondering if this is OK for the engine and clutch. my friend who has a clutch doesnt like to go in mud or snow. he says that it will ruin the quad becouse its a sport and is not ment for that pupose. i really dont think this is the case but i would still like to hear what other people use their sport quads for and how you use them and what conditions you use them in. it would be pretty cool to hear what other people do with their quads instead of watching my freind go in circles. hope to hear from you people. enjoy your rides and be safe.

Old 01-15-2003, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider

i live in iowa and i ride mine in everycondition possible except for sand not to much unless on some dirtroads... it doesnt hurt it you just dont want to slip the clutch to much and dont dog the motor.. but my warriors go through some mud better then my uncles ac300 and my bros kx100.. i ride in snow its the best and its the funnest riding i think you can have get like 4 in of snow or so... and you can slide and slide and have loads of fun

Old 01-15-2003, 07:43 PM
Range Rover

i dont have a sport quad, but my friend has an 01 Raptor. he rides it almost everywhere we go on our utility quads. he crosses creeks and goes through mud everytime we go riding, and nothing has gone wrong with his Raptor.

Old 01-15-2003, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

pretty darn cool. glad to hear that it does no harm. i just think my freind doesnt know how to use a clutch[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. know i know what my next quad will be (i already have a rancher). i've got every condition her except for sand. who needs it? i think ill do just fine with what i got. got to go know see you all later.

Old 01-15-2003, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

waht does your friend have for a quad?

Old 01-15-2003, 08:33 PM
Pro Rider

hes got a TRX250X. its got some essential mods. you know mods that make it what it is. gotta admit, nice quad but ugly.

Old 01-15-2003, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

icic.. 250x aint bad... rode one... few times i think ur friend is just scared tahts all dont want to get his plastic muddy...

Old 01-15-2003, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider

his plastic is 15 years old, it used to be white. looks like crap now. he got new platic for X-mas but hasnt put it on yet, he needs to get a new seat.

Old 01-15-2003, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

i whant to hear what you guys do with YOUR quads! like were you ride em, how you ride em. and any cool stories.

Old 01-15-2003, 10:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

i got a blaster its a 89 with decent mods but i ride mostly in dry weather warm sincei have no air lid and snow no mud mostly trails and wide open fields. and dirt rodes. i plan on racing mine this summer since i will have my licence and a truck so its all good. and right now mines in peices time to redo mostly every thing on it so im redong it again =O) time for a new paint job and new parts

Quick Reply: what do you use your sport quad for???