Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

I got my Dyna Ignition for the Z400 today

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 12:17 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got my Dyna Ignition for the Z400 today

you guys are all crazy.

CT Racing has a dyno out 28.5 hp stock and 36.5hp with their pipe and jet kit 37.8 HP with a carb plus their jet kit and pipe.

A raptor is putting out 33.2hp STOCK. The difference isn't that huge.

I don't personally don't believe his bike on a stock bore puts on 55RWHP. MAYBE MAYBE with porting, a high comp piston. it might see 45hp.

CT racing for 2 grand sells a 453 big bore kit that puts out 53.5 HP with everything done to the motor.

check out the site complete with dyno charts.

http://www.ctracing.com/new_page_1.htm

a 680 kit 49.2 hp to be exact. puts out LESS THAN A 453 big bore Z. How can that be? hm......

http://www.ctracing.com/raptor.htm

Thats the dynos they provide. So i the raptors aren't putting out anymore power than a z400 if they are both built for racing.

Just ride what you want believe what you want, other than that just shut up about it.

Old 05-21-2003, 12:33 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: 14mins

A 03 Z400 made 29.1 hp stock with 22.6 pounds of tq

piped it barely broke 30.
Barely broke 30!!!! So that's why MBRP hasn't released the dyno's yet!!! Looks like I may have to do some shoppin' for something with a little more a$$ to it.........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 05-21-2003, 12:36 AM
Elite Pro Rider

CT sell a 50hp raptor pipe. lol That is all you need from ct to have a 50hp raptor LOL

33.2 hp for raptor??? lol most will dyno 35.5 to 36.5 with 1 hour on them. I bought a 03 with 10 minutes and put it on the dyno and made 30.6, 4 hours later with a bunch of parts swapping from the tranny gernaded 01 made 67.9 on the same dyno. There was a z-400 dynoed the same day and it did not crack 30hp with a PIPE/JETS and lid off the airbox. I saw a kasea out run it up olds hill at glamis.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 05-21-2003, 01:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

You're totally correct,thats why suzuki has had one of the best selling atv's for the past year.What a pos.Whatever

Old 05-21-2003, 02:14 AM
Pro Rider

No matter how fast your Raptor is Bartlett, you are still a loser.
I did not mention anything about your quad, in fact, this is the Zuki section.
If you really want to race, come run the Shee. You will get your lunch eaten Mr.

As far as dynos are concerned, they are only a tuning tool in my opinion, and as accurate as the operator WANTS to be. That being said, I will only share my true numbers with professional tuners and the like. Most of you will only discredit this for your own personal reasons. Why bother.

A Z with Cams, porting, High comp, FCR 40, dyna ignition, full pipe and more can run very hard and make in the 50's. Some tool said the ignition only makes 1 HP. Are you crazy? I would have sent it back! I was on here mainly to inform you and you could go tell your buddy to pick one up. It's way more than 1 HP. You can barely even feel 1 HP. The Dyna is entirely noticeable. Better hang on, I know I almost go flung off. Heck, if he does get one he will be on your HEELS, not 3-4 lenghts back down 250 CC's
The 450 kit adds about 5-7% more power per GT Tunder and others. The Dyna might add even more then a stroker, we aren't sure yet. I can tell you I gained a good 5-7% or more power from the ignition. I will race a Z with a 440 0r 450 and find out for myself.
I'm done here. No amount of me talking will ever make anyone understand a thing they don't want to on the net. If we were in person, you would in know way have a leg to stand on with this for the proof would be sitting right in front of you.

Old 05-21-2003, 03:54 AM
Pro Rider

You are right. It sure didn't lose any over the past few weeks. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I think I gained 4-5. No doubt it's faster and I love the quad.

Old 05-21-2003, 03:58 AM
Pro Rider

BTW, busted for what? I am not hiding anything. I totally expected someone like you to look me over.
It will do what I said it will. Based on past tests, I'm not at all worried about my new upgrade.

Look at the other post where the guy without the box or carb made 50 at the wheel. His name is RSBreeze.
Check on WP lately?

Old 05-21-2003, 04:14 AM
Pro Rider

I still like my ignition.

Old 05-21-2003, 05:23 PM
Trailblazer

Damn some of you guys would argue with the wall if it would talk back. This sounds like the old my Chevy is faster then your Ford debates. Who gives a flying rats ***! If his quad makes anywhere from 48-52rwhp I would be happy for him. That in itself will still be impressive. To have a bolt on 400cc motor kick out those type of numbers is a good bang for the buck.

"I'll drag race you on my quad" How absolutly idiotic do you have to be? Did someone in your family fall down a stupid tree and break every branch. How about you drag race my car and I'll give you the head start. That way when I mow you over about 100ft out we can safely eliminate you from the gene pool. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-21-2003, 06:59 PM
Trailblazer

Man, you gotta love being called a liar. Fun isnt it? If it makes you Yamaha guys feel anybetter, My Z only makes 20hp. Its the biggest turd I've ever owned, wish I woulda just spent the money and bought a warrior...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: I got my Dyna Ignition for the Z400 today