Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Z400 BATTERY DRAIN PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 10:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z400 BATTERY DRAIN PROBLEM

Now, I dont understand this. Most bikes I have owned has a tube that runs from beneath the battery to catch the battery over flow and not go on the swingarm?? Not the Z400!! Well, how I found out is this, I left the key switch on and drained the battery. Of course I trickled charged it but found out before hand the water was all most empty, so I filled it up with distilled water just a little obove the cell fins for expansion while charging. It charged fine, started right up and road it, then a buddy of mine asked me what was pouring out under my bike and at first I thought it was gas then said oh **** its the acid and it was too late, by the time I ran and got some water to pour over it, it had turned my swingarm adjuster plates black and pitted the swingarm [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] I dont know why they have a tube right over the swingarm, just in the future if this happens again I am going to find me some tubing and run it along the side of the frame and down under the bike(Not Like Suzuki and run it over the Swingarm). Just an fyi for you all if you happened to charge the battery. What got me is that it didnt over flow or anything while it was on the trickle charger all night. But I guess the charging system on the bike is more amps and thats why it did it.