Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

KFX400 engine problem?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2020, 03:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I now have this exact problem in 3rd gear

Originally Posted by BogSpores
Yeah man, you're probably right.......I just need to get used to it more.......I wish this thing had a tach on it, just so I could have a ball-park reference for RPM's.......

Hey Bogspores, I'm hoping you are still active on here. I have encountered seemingly the same issues with my 06 KFX 400 and can't figure out what to fix. The bike almost always sputters and loses power instantaneously only when in 3rd gear and riding up an incline, or terrain that adds a "load".... Running out of options, and hoping to fix the bike as opposed to walking away from it... Thanks

Old 07-24-2021, 11:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I seem to have those issues from first gear on up

Originally Posted by ZBAD
Hey Bogspores, I'm hoping you are still active on here. I have encountered seemingly the same issues with my 06 KFX 400 and can't figure out what to fix. The bike almost always sputters and loses power instantaneously only when in 3rd gear and riding up an incline, or terrain that adds a "load".... Running out of options, and hoping to fix the bike as opposed to walking away from it... Thanks
Just bought same qaud guy said it set for 3 years not ran or driven so got it home played around with it replaced carb ,plug , then took it to local track and off the get hit the throttle and it begins bogging out and revs out in first super quick went to second power drags all the way 3rd and its not stock I have a athena big bore in it but carb is stock jetting is next to see if that fixes the issue and change the oil since I don't know when is was last done and just a side note does anyone know where to get a aftermarket ignition box for the key toreplace the broken plastic ones to aluminum I seen a kid on utube show that he bought one to replace same issue