Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Vinson plow questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 08:13 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vinson plow questions

I am going to purchase a plow for my Vinson. I have a winch I was gonna use to lower it and raise it. Who makes the best, is Cycle Country or Warn good. How much am I gonna fork out for the mount,plow, and winch attachment? Does the Vinson plow good? Thanx for the input.

Old 07-28-2003, 10:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

Don't bother with using a winch. Why put the wear on the winch when you can use a spring loaded hand lever that takes no effort, plus the extra movement keeps you a little warmer. I've never plowed with my vinson but I have hear that they do a good job.

Old 07-29-2003, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider

Warn makes the best plows. When I sell them I never see them till they need a wear blade. as far as the rest, Quad boss,Cycle country and CMP I no longer sell them way to many come backs on bent and broken parts. If you have a automatic be easy on it. The belts are $112.00 each sold alot of them last winter.

Old 07-29-2003, 07:36 PM
Range Rover

Harw you forgot to memtion that Cycle Country is warranted for life. Very nice people to deal with even after the purchase. Also when ever you plow or pull something with an automatic always use low range your belt will last a lot longer. The Vinson plows and pulls as good as any. Also on using a winch to raise & lower your plow you only use the first foot of cable or so and it wears out pretty fast. Will last longer if winch is mounted so the cable comes off vertical to the ground as the Montana Jack system does. I like the manual lift system better.

Old 07-29-2003, 08:35 PM
Range Rover

Thanx guys. I think I will go with the manual lever instead of the winch. My local shop said get a Cycle COuntry over a Warn. Is he just saying this to get more $( since Warn is cheaper) also how wide should I get I have snow tires so I think itll push about anything. I have a manual so I dont have to worry about shredding belts

Old 07-29-2003, 10:19 PM
Range Rover

I got the 60 inch on both my Vinson & my Honda 300 4x4. They both handle the 60 inch fine. Plow my driveway every year and I live in northern Wis. No problem. And if you break or lose anything call Cycle Country direct and they will take care of you.

Old 07-30-2003, 01:51 AM
Range Rover

Thanx putt putt, If you dont mind can you tell me how much you paid for plow, frame mount and hand lever. Is that all I need? Thanx again

Old 07-30-2003, 09:49 AM
Range Rover

I have a warn winch and cycle country plow and use the winch to lower and raise the plow. Been doing it for over 5 years in MN winters with no problems. The plow is nothing to sneeze at.

I do a LOT of plowing in the winter (lots of neighbor's driveways). I wouldn't worry about your winch wearing out. Just get a good winch, like a warn.

They came on my quad when I bought it used, so I'm not sure how much they are... the plow I'd say around $200 for the plow and mount kit.

Old 07-30-2003, 12:27 PM
Range Rover

i bought it at a dealer; Don't remember exactly what I paid for it. I think it was about $ 430 complete. My neibor has a warn winch, uses it to raise & lower the plow and so does my sister. Cable breaks all the time. But we live out in the bune docks and probably plow more than most. I plow a little over a half mile long. Thats not including the trails on my property witch is over a mile long. P.s. I live in northern Wis. Been plowing since 1993 with 4-wheelers.