Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Z-250 for wife

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z-250 for wife

Hey all you Z-250 owners. I am looking to purchase a Z-250 for my wife this weekend and wanted some constuctive input from you current owners. I(we) already know it will be alot easier for her to ride without the manual clutch, but we want to know more. How is the ride (adequate, stiff, soft, ect) , power and overall feel. Give us your feedback, we would really appreciate it!!

Thanks
Ken

Old 08-27-2003, 07:39 PM
Range Rover
Default Z-250 for wife

If you are going to be only riding on flat ground or your wife is a tiny little thing the Z250 will work. From experience I can tell you that the 250's are made for people/kids(the manufacturer will not tell you this) who are under 100lbs. These are top heavy when a full sized person gets on them, they are not stable. You can do as I did and put offset rims on to make them more stable from side to side but there is nothing you can do to keep it from standing up on you going up a hill. You can lower the quad but I don't know if you can get it low enough to bring the center of gravity down as far as to make it stable and still have enoough clearance totake it off road.
My wife went to a Warrior because she liked how stable it is. I know your wife wants something with an auto clutch and if you dont ride through alot of deep water I would suggest something w/ an automatic tranny like a Polaris. A full on utility like a Rancher would be a better choice and it would give you something to play on when it gets nasty out. LOL

Old 08-27-2003, 07:44 PM
Range Rover
Default Z-250 for wife

It's a great little quad. The stock suspension setup is moderate (slightly on the stiff side), but can be adjusted based on the rider's weight. Surprisingly it's setup with a gas assit rear shock, which is more common on the bigger sport quads and a nice addition on the Z250. I'm 6', 165lbs, and the stock setup was near perfect for me, and I have yet to bottom the suspension out....even when getting it several feet in the air. I'm not sure what type of riding you do, but the Z250 is great trail quad and can keep up with pretty much anything on the tight technical stuff. As far as size, I feel very comfortable on this quad while it feels a little bigger then it actually is. Power is sufficient, although not overwhelming, there's plenty of it when you need it. You'll also start seeing more aftermarket parts become available for this quad in the next couple of months. I think your wife would love it.....my girlfriend loves it... shoot I love it.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

BTW - Ball, who ever said this quad was made for sub 100lbs individuals? I've looked all through the manual and don't see any referrence of this quad being specifically built for sub 100lbs riders..... as a matter of fact, there might be a warning for sub 100lbs riders on this quad not being able to handle it...lol

Old 08-27-2003, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default Z-250 for wife

I agree with everything that KantCMe said. It is a great little quad. I love mine.

Old 08-27-2003, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default Z-250 for wife

My wife totally enjoys the Z250. The ease of use, very nibble through the trails and has a peppy motor. In fact my daughter like the Z-250 so much, I went out and got another one. Suzuki did a nice job on this one. So unless your wife is into racing or bombing down the trails, you will like the Z250.

Old 08-27-2003, 08:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Z-250 for wife

I agree with everything that KantCMe said. It is a great little quad. I love mine.

Me 2,

The Z250 is a great quad. I am 185 lbs and it handles great. I Just need some paddles and that thing would climb better in the sand. It just would sink if I started to climb a steep hill in the sand but on dirt, I putted right up some nice hills without a problem.

Old 08-27-2003, 08:40 PM
Trailblazer
Default Z-250 for wife

I just purchased a z for my wife two weeks ago and she absolutely loves it, heck I like it too. It has excellent balance when jumping, much more controllable in the air than a warrior,( which temporarily ended my racing days when I was younger due to a broken leg). It also feels very safe when climbing steep hills, we recently took it to some old iron ore mines to climb some very steep hills. no problems at all. Very peppy, for a auto clutch. And it looks excellent, my wife is in love with hers.
Good luck in your decision,
Tim and Mel

Trending Topics

Old 08-27-2003, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default Z-250 for wife

i have z and i love it im 5'9" and 200lbs this thing handles awesome and for the money you cant beat it. it very dependable. compared to any other in its class it the best. she would love it, and wouldnt be dissapointed at all

Old 08-28-2003, 02:10 AM
Pro Rider
Default Z-250 for wife

Hey guys I appreciate your feedback and as I thought it should be a very good fit for her. We have been through the utility quad scene and most recently sold two Sportsman 500's and bought myself a KFX700 and her a Scrambler 400. We thought we had grown out of the sport quad thing and would like the "comfy ride" of the big bikes.......wrong! I was bored and my wife was always tired and bored. While I love my V-Force she hated her Scrambler. Real bad egernomics, twitchy steering, tippy, no engine braking with the two stroke, etc., etc........ So I guess the Z-250 it is!! We are off on Friday to pick her up a brand new white one with the nerfs and Yoshi already installed. I guess a couple of new flags and a set of paddles for her and we are ready for Coral Pink in a couple of weeks. Thanks again for everyones responses.

Ken

Old 08-28-2003, 02:32 AM
Pro Rider
Default Z-250 for wife

I decided to get the wife the Z400.. I think its a much better quad and its only a g more..... Better in the long run I think...