Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

WATER SKIPPING

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003 | 02:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default WATER SKIPPING

Have any of you ever hydroplaned your car or truck while going down a wet highway? Well, there you go.

A quad is much lighter and has, in many cases, as much or more tire contact area to skim over the surface of water as a passenger vehicle would.

The issue is not whether it's possible or not, but more of how to control it.

Old 11-19-2003 | 04:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default WATER SKIPPING

4th gear is the best gear to do it in!

Do not do it in HIGH gear. the revs come down to fast cuase you to lose MOmentium and as a result the front end dives down. At that point all the fun quickly comes to an ABRUPT stop![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] 4th gear (pinned) will give you the MPH you want, and is also a stronger gear.

Good luck, and PLEASE! wear you helmet!!! Oh, and it wont hurt to kiss your mother when you leave the house[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

BIgger.

Old 11-19-2003 | 09:55 PM
Range Rover
Default WATER SKIPPING

i am yet to try water skipping too. So far it sounds like keep your butt low and back as far as possible, keep the front end light, don't lean either way, do it in fourth gear, hit it a max mph, kiss your mom on the way out the door, grow some ***** and go for it. Sounds good, the only problem i have now is that it is 40 below zero up here right now so i may have trouble finding some open water until april. lol Am i missing anything on my little list of stuff to remember?

Old 11-19-2003 | 11:29 PM
Trailblazer
Default WATER SKIPPING

i have skipped water on my 500, although i havent tried very far. but i did go far enough to hear the paddles loose ground contact [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
prolly only about 20 ft or so, but my ***** are getting bigger, i do have it pinned, my helmet was on, forgot to get pictures, it was in 5th gear, i sat way back, had skinny knobbys on the front, have done it right behind a buddy, forgot to kiss my momma, and so far have not crashed [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
did i miss anything?
hehe
by all means, tho it is very fun once you get over the hitting water at a high rate of speed thing
good luck, and keep it WFO
aaron

Old 11-20-2003 | 02:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default WATER SKIPPING

Originally posted by: AlaskanAssassin
i am yet to try water skipping too. So far it sounds like keep your butt low and back as far as possible, keep the front end light, don't lean either way, do it in fourth gear, hit it a max mph, kiss your mom on the way out the door, grow some ***** and go for it. Sounds good, the only problem i have now is that it is 40 below zero up here right now so i may have trouble finding some open water until april. lol Am i missing anything on my little list of stuff to remember?

Well in your case , since your ballz have probably inverted themselves to try and keep warm, I would wait till next summer to try this stunt[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Your mission this winter is to NOT get eaten by a damn polar bear! Jeeez 40 below!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Bigger.

Old 11-30-2003 | 12:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default WATER SKIPPING

Originally posted by: Buzzer
By the way it's fun in the summer too. I skip mostly in the summer (not much of a cold weather rider way to much snow here in Minnesota)
What? Where? I wanna see some snow! lol we havnt gotten jack the last couple of years. But when we do/did I was/am always out there running around on the quad...FUN SHIZ

Old 12-08-2003 | 07:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default WATER SKIPPING

Yea riding the snow is pretty cool and yea talk about no snow. But we are supposed to have a snowy winter this year and the way I figure it we deserve it.

Old 12-08-2003 | 10:10 PM
Range Rover
Default WATER SKIPPING

I just got 10'' and you can bet all the toys got a good excersize [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-08-2003 | 11:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default WATER SKIPPING

Originally posted by: Kracker
I hope you sink!! Jackass!
I think someone overslept and missed his anger management class![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]