Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

300 king quad

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2003, 07:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 300 king quad

ya want a freaking video, like 10 other ppl say that this is possible. but obliviously, you have a kq so you stand your ground. i think it is funny that a 300 locker quad could out pull my 500 46bhp. vinson with a detroit gearless locker, and yes it has been dynoed at 46, i have a cam and port and polish to let you all know i am not full of b.s. i got a buddy with a kq and for the hell of it we chain em togeather. and he put his in super low locked, and i put mine in 4x4 low range, i am auto locked. and hit the gas. i just dragged his a$$ backwards, and laughed. as did he when he said "damn those new bike got alotsa kick to them" the way my bike is set up, or even a stock one, like the saying goes, there is no replacement for displacement.

Old 11-26-2003, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default 300 king quad

Well V581 I won't get into a debate as to whether you pulled all this stuff or not. And I don't really care if you pull a kq all over the place.

But!! Traction plays a bigger part in a "tpull offl" type pulls. If "any rig" can't put what power it has to the ground then it doesn't matter. See the dragsters that over power and lose a race.

So all those mods you have don't mean squat if you can't put the power to the ground. Ever wonder why a small electric motor powers a 12,000# winch? HEck a properly equipted lawnmower engine can outpull your quad with the gearing and traction. This is one thing the KQ has going for it from the factory.

I still scratch my head as to a 800# quad (600# quad and saying your 200#, forgive me if I'm incorrect) dead pulling a several thousand pound object.

As to pulling the KQ around the parking lot your technique was much better than his. By keeping the brakes on and letting him start spinning his wheels then taking off you have the advantage. Once his wheels are spinning he's lost all traction. Heck you could have outpulled a lot of things with this technique. One reason a tractor pull is a dead pull. But even with a tractor pull the sleds weight is gradually added so the vehicle has sort of a running start..why? because a 4,000# tractor can't dead pull a 40,000# sled. Unless it's on ice, rocks or something VERY soft so the friction isn't that great. The starting weight is much less.

Rob

Old 11-26-2003, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default 300 king quad

thats what i was saying

Old 11-27-2003, 02:28 AM
Pro Rider
Default 300 king quad

The King Quad goes a lot better if you soup it up a bit. As far as pulling, once all four wheels are turning equally it's all about weight and traction and gearing, and that super low range first gear on the King Quad is incredibly low. The winch analogy is very apt. You can quote horsepower figures all day but as long as the KQ has the weight and traction (and tires) it will pull. Slowly.

Next competition is turning around on a steep hill. I'll be watching the new tall quads barrelling down like tumbleweeds while I'm turning circles up there on my old KQ. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

------------------
'95 King Quad
334 CC bore kit
Cobra Utility muffler
All range lock
Rear inset remote winch
Kenworth cooling fan

Old 11-27-2003, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default 300 king quad

Wow, theres a guy here named shotgun with a praire that will yank your kq all over the the place

Old 11-27-2003, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default 300 king quad

Only if it weighs more than my KQ and has better traction on the surface we use. Physics knows no prejudice.

Old 11-28-2003, 10:37 AM
Pro Rider
Default 300 king quad

kq weigh like 500 my vinson weighs like 650, this is gonna be fun.

Old 11-28-2003, 10:50 AM
Pro Rider
Default 300 king quad

Not exactly. The dry weight of a king quad is 602 lbs. and I'm 230. I don't know if a Vinson has front lock, if so it might just be a dead heat, depending on your tires and the surface in question. Tell you what, in a tractor pull type situation you'd pull the sled further due to the greater speed your Vinson would be able to get the sled going. In an absolute stump pulling competition however, where I am allowed additional weight on my racks I'd pull a greater weight because while you might have twice the power, I have about four times your gear reduction. Anyway we'd both be having fun seeing what happens. Thats what the machines are for, aren't they?

Old 11-28-2003, 10:58 AM
Pro Rider
Default 300 king quad

i agree with you are these bikes are are built for fun, not to get down on someone or tell them that their bike is a piece. my vinson does have a locker btw. and i seem to have no problems pulling stumps outta the ground. i get my vinson to hook up, and then second with all the power it has it just keeps comeing in handy

Old 12-01-2003, 12:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default 300 king quad

Now you pull stumps out of the ground to? How big? 5", 10", 24"? Another quote that really doesn't mean anything. I mean absolutly no way a quad can pull a green 8" oak out of the ground. Are these stumps rotten? Dug out? How high was the stump? higher stump equals more leverage you know. After a huge wet soaking rain? I mean I can sit here and say my KQ pulled a 24" oak out once. Well it was rotten, hollow and dug out. That wouldn't mean squat now would it?

Interesting comment on your guess of a KQ weighing 500#. At least look it up before you quote it. And actually your Vinson weighs 604#. At least that's dry weight which is about the exact same as a 99+ KQ (actually 606#). So your obvious guess at 650# is pretty close. Actually the weight of a KQ is one of it's biggest knocks. A 280cc dragging around over 600# plus rider. It's a wonder what it would do in a 400# chassis.

If this thread keeps going what are you going to say you pulled next? Moved a house? Pulled a 12 row disc? Run a 6x6 baler? Out push a Cat d10? Maybe you use it as a skidder to pull 80' xx24" pines out of the woods?

With all that pulling I bet your Vinson's wheelbase has gone from 50" to about 52". [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

And I'd like to take you up on your offer. I'm affraid I'm gonna have to call for (as you call it), "a freaking video" of all this stuff. With all these claims your starting to sound a little unbelievable. Just a tad.

Oh just one more thing, how did you dyno your quad for the HP. Is this brake? Engine? Calculated? Also if you had it tested I'm sure you can produce the run sheet that is produced. And usually when a car is run there is 2-3 runs at least.

Well one thing we do agree on....that's the last line in your sig....

Let's keep it clean ok.

Quick Reply: 300 king quad