Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

wuts the z250's top speed?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 03:02 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wuts the z250's top speed?

Okay guys, yesterday we put it to the test. Z250 vs Blaster. Dead straight dirt road. In 3 attempts from a standing start my Z250 got left waaaay behind. But yes there is a but on a running start the Blaster could not catch me! I love to ride the blaster, I love the power band and the quick response. I do however prefer to ride my Z250, it is just so much easier to ride and gives me the confidence to do the more difficult stuff. Check out my photo ablum (it needs updating but will get to that in the new year) http://groups.msn.com/quadrides

The speedo is a Trail Tech but they do not have one for the Z250 yet. I ordered one for the Blaster from Rocky Mountain it costs about $75.00

Old 12-22-2003, 01:09 PM
Range Rover

wait, so at first the blaster left u behind, but then he couldnt catch up to u? did u have a head start or somthing?

Old 12-23-2003, 02:19 AM
Trailblazer

Yeah it couldn't catch me on a long run. The blaster has a very quick take off response but on a long section the top end of the Z250 is much more powerful. Once the Z250 gets going there is no stopping it!!!

Old 01-04-2004, 04:11 PM
Trailblazer

Rite now im confused im wanting to kno wat i should get the blaster or the z-250 (which is faster) i no u said bou the drag n all but on dirt would the blaster beat u easiley [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 01-04-2004, 04:23 PM
Trailblazer

Ok from my view if i was on a track which had a few coners and more straights i wuld win on the z but i i was ona twisty track the blaster would hand the z a *** whooping (is that rite) u c im gettin either of them at march so im just wanting to kno which is bestn all : thanx

Old 01-04-2004, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

What's faster between a z250 and 250ex?

Old 01-04-2004, 04:39 PM
Trailblazer

Well farm...... i heard that the z r about 6-7mph faster than an ex and ive read that the z-250 n the blaster leaves it siting so i would say the z is faster than the ex

Old 01-04-2004, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

everybody wants to know who wins in a quarter mile race: THE LT500R QUADZILLA DOES. every time. doesnt matter tho because i could race someboyd on a quadzilla and me on a YZ80 (mind you im 175lb and 6 foot, and i could still beat them if they didnt know how to ride. I would imagine most of you dont spend the majority of your riding time doing pavement drags right? its not how fast your machine goes in a strait line its how much ***** youve got to make it faster than the other person's bike in the woods. You rarely hit top speed in the woods so if you want to boast then try setting up a time trial through a woods section and see who does it faster because a quad doesnt mean crap in the woods without a driver who can ride it

to your question: For regular all around woods, fields, etc I would reccomend the blaster over the Z.

the powerband on a 2 stroke is a much better kick in the pants and in the woods that super quick acceleration is the power you need to be faster. most woods riding is gas brake gas brake. you brake into the turn and accelerate as fast as you can out of it and keep revin untill you slow down for the next turn. the snap of a blaster is better for that. As long as your comfortable using a clutch (you will need to more on any 2 stroke than any 4 stroke) thats why other than these new 4 strokes like the YFZ 450 the gncc (woods riding) the 250r is one of the main competitors. The 250r is a lot of bike and cash but the blaster might as well be toned down with the same concept. Also that sound is down right addicting. I'd rather hear the 2stroke scream than the 4 stroke baahhh any day. You can also get more bang for your buck on performance parts down the road with a 2 stroke. If you were to put equal quality exaust, intake on each bike the blaster would gain more power than the z250. it's simple a four stroke motor has to turn four times for each "power stroke" that gives power where as a two stroke turns two times per "power stroke" simply the 2 stroke is a much more eficcent power making design. thats why untill recently with the scare of banning all new two strokes because of emissions, most all small trimmers and such were two stroke, they make more power for their size.

Old 01-04-2004, 07:05 PM
Range Rover

Every time you guys post anything to do with top speed of any "stock" bike it always turns into a recess pissing contest! Who gives a crap! I'd have to agree w/CTATV.
its not how fast your machine goes in a strait line its how much ***** youve got to make it faster than the other person's bike in the woods. You rarely hit top speed in the woods so if you want to boast then try setting up a time trial through a woods section and see who does it faster because a quad doesnt mean crap in the woods without a driver who can ride it
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Enough said!

Old 01-05-2004, 04:35 PM
Trailblazer

Bull crap quadzilla guy cause the blaster has crap ground cleareane compared 2 the z z250=9" and a blaster only has 3 1/2" so like in woods blaster would get recked n plus my friend has a warrior 4-storke and another a banshee n he (warrior) can kick the banshees *** at the start to the finish his bike ( warrior) is so powerful he can do wheelies with out even pulling back. i dunno wat it is but his quad is sooo fast n all hes got is an exshat n a pipe