Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Spark arrester gone, could it be bad??

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2003, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spark arrester gone, could it be bad??

i agree, im getting a quiet core insert for the hmf im getting, and the spark arrestor

Old 12-24-2003, 09:37 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: terd
OH YEAH..I FORGOT...YOU WILL WEAR OUT THE MUFFLER BEARINGS ALOT QUICKER..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
You Gotta Watch Out For Them Muffler Bearings... That And The Electric Blue Powerband [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-24-2003, 09:41 AM
Pro Rider

he was babbleing about something,? i like the hmf but to loud, before i rip everything apart and get a new pipe JOE told me that they are working on a Quiet Power insert so we will see. loud pipe although save lives, illegal hunters can here me, as well as cars when we go in the snow, so its all weighed out.

v581

Old 12-24-2003, 02:06 PM
Pro Rider

Just to let you know z838mx I'm 29 years old not a boy I wish I still was.
Yes it does make a difference in power,maybe you just don't know how to use it.
Second off I don't remove the spark arrester when I'm riding on other peoples land or trails that
abide by the spark arrester law.

I agree with slacker1bob the chances of it creating a fire is 1 out of a million.
Now haveing that said when I get my HMF pipe yes its loud I like it loud.I am also getting the Quiet Core for it to ride at night so I don't desterb the peace.

http://www.hmfengineering.com/quietcore.html <-------------- the quiet core $35

Old 12-24-2003, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider

kfx I wasent trying to get you all poopy pants, just show me on the dyno this big differance. Im also you age I also work at a dealership and we have a dyno and it really doesent make a big differance that is all dont get all poopy. I think when you get a new pipe you will notice a differance. I gained 7 hp when I did my pipe and I think It goes a little better. But I guess maybe you envorment may make yours feel faster that is all.

Old 12-24-2003, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

lol its all good. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
No its not gona make a huge differance.For instance I was at the LADunes 2 weeks back and was draging against a modified raptor and a couple of 400ex's also modified.The first thing they said to me was we need to remove your spark arrester until you get a pipe.I said kewl lets do it.They still beat me but not by much and to my knowledge from the first 20 drags I did with the spark arrester and the next 20 drags we did without the spark arrester there was a noticable difference.But not noticable enough to go taking it off and ridding around your subdivision at 2am in the morning lol.
If your in a place were everybody and there grandmaw are on atv's that break the sound barrier its ok to remove it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Like if the guy that started this thread has a (hunting atv) then no don't remove the spark arrester.
I just like loud meaty pipes.I guess since I raced dirt bikes for 10 years could be the reason I like loud.But people differ.
Merry X-Mas to all...