Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

2000 QUADMASTER 500 IS THE BEST!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-1999 | 09:47 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

I have been looking for a new Sport Utility Atv Big-Bore Quad for 4 months now. Well last night I went to a local Honda/Suzuki/Polaris/Yamaha/Kawasaki Dealer. The dealership is called Candelwood Cycle. They have a test track with some 400 yard straightaways, hills, jumps, whoops, off-cambers, etc. Well I will tell you what i test drove and compare them. I test Drove the Grizzly 600, Quadmaster 500, Sportsman 500, Magnum 500, Scrambler 500, Xpedition 425, QuadRunner 500, and Honda 450ES. Well first off the grizzly was nice but the rear suspension was OK. The power was good but it vibrated really bad. The polaris's had a severly tippy feeling on corners, and on off-cambers. The polaris's steering was strange, the mechanic informed me that the tie rod could be loose. That was enough for me. Then I tested the Y2K Quadmaster 500, HOLY CRAP that thing is AESOME. The power was better than the Grizzly, FOR REAL. The suspension is very good. Just firm enough for the bumps, but soft enough not to wear you out. And yes you can get a little bit of air on that thing (3feet). The Semi independent suspension on the rear moves much like Total IRS. It really makes the machine very good on the off cambers. I also love the way the new QUADMATic Tranny works. THAT THING PULLS like no tommorrow. When you punch it, it is like whipping a horse on the butt. I was more than impressed. To end the story, I gave the dealer 1,000 dollars to hold it for me. And i am picking it up next wedmesday the 22nd. Then i will HIT the trail. Any questions please e-mail or hit reply

Darren - "2000 Quadmaster 500" Owner as of the 22nd! Thanks for listening.

------------------

Old 12-16-1999 | 09:20 PM
Range Rover

Your Quadmaster has 5-step adjustable shocks just like my KQ so you can tailor the ride to suit your preference. That thing's got some great features with the rear susp., selectable 2 or 4WD, torquey motor. I'd say you chose an excellent machine!

Old 12-16-1999 | 09:47 PM
Range Rover

Sounds like a very Merry Christmas for you! Enjoy!

Old 12-17-1999 | 01:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

Bought my lta 500 (quadmaster) on nov 3rd. put a couple hundred miles on it already and i love it. it was a big decision for me because 2 brothers ride 99 quadrunner 500's (that are awesome) and one rides a foreman es. no one would let me test ride a quadmaster in the woods, but a post in this forum buy a polaris owner that rode one 60 miles basically convinced me. my foreman owning brother gave his honda to his son and bought a suzuki for himself. you made a wise choice and you wont be dissappointed. only advice i have for you is hi range works for just about everything but mudholes and hillclimbs. i like to run at hills and thought lo would be too lo, but you can get almost 30 mph outta the quadmaster in lo range. hi just bogs down on long steep hills or sticky mud. congrats again and good riding.

Old 12-17-1999 | 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

Hey, you forgot to say how it compared to the Honda 450ES. I hope you have a lot of fun with your new Christmas present.

Old 12-17-1999 | 09:21 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for all the reply's. The Honda Foreman ES was a nice bike. My last ATV was a 1994 King Quad 4x4, but before that a honda 250 4 trax. The "ES" was just too plain for me. Not a "huge" engine, but powerful, no liquid cooling, I dont care for the dual (non semi independent shock setup). And the ESP is neat but not for my riding style.

Thanks Everyone

Old 12-19-1999 | 02:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just bought a 2000 Quadmaster two or three weeks ago. I also feel it is a rippin' machine. I have had one problem but it is really not the machines fault. I was doing some low speed trail blazing in an area of fallen trees and I didn't see a branch that was pointing straight at me and the thing put a big dent in my radiator. I assume everything is okay because there were no leaks. Only the little fins were all mangled up. Does anybody know if there is a metal grill available from anyone? I would like to hear from more of you Quadmaster owners out there. Any problems, stories etc.
I also got the $49.95 winch deal with mine and I don't like how I have to shift the skid plate up 1-5/8". The drain hole for the front diff. doesn't match up. Has anyone else put one of these on? How did you feel about the skid plate move?
Rob

Old 12-19-1999 | 09:36 PM
Pro Rider

Drh19, I don't care for the twin shock swingarm on the Foremans either. It seems like they're too stiff to make the suspension plush. The front end does a real good job of soaking up bumps but the back is noticeably stiff. I think they would be further off setting them softer and putting a preload adjustment on for people that want it stiffer for loading the racks, heavier rider, etc. Looks like you wanted a fully automatic quad. They are good also. The new Rubicon should be good too.

Old 12-19-1999 | 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

It's so small though..compared to a Sportsman or Foreman.

Old 12-20-1999 | 03:27 AM
Range Rover

The smaller the size the better for maneuvering through the woods, hugging cliffside trails, handling etc. The only advantage I can see to a physically larger machine would be to accommodate a very large rider.
Z

Quick Reply: 2000 QUADMASTER 500 IS THE BEST!!!!