Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Mods to King Quad

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2000 | 07:13 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

I just ordered the high performance kit from highlifter, but from a local motorsports shop and got it $70 cheaper, exact same stuff. Components are IDS 2 Quiet series pipe, k&n filter kit with jet kit and new sparkplug. I heard someone say something about adding brake lights. Could someone e-mail me or post or contact me on ICQ #43232683 how to do this. I figure cops won't mind as much when I ride on the street when I'm plowing if I had Brake lights. Thanks much

Old 01-02-2000 | 08:41 PM
Pro Rider

Eric Baatz performed a most professional brake light and back-up light installation on his King Quad; he'll doubtless respond, or look him up with the "Search" function and ask him for details.

Tree Farmer

Old 01-02-2000 | 08:45 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

The search isn't working on the website.

Old 01-02-2000 | 08:47 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

And e-mail about reply from atving.com says Jan 2 100. I dont think Atving.com is Y2k complient

Old 01-02-2000 | 09:26 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah, ecbaatz, can help you out. He sent me the information on bypassing the neutral safety switch, and modifying the shifter linkage, so you can lock the diff. in any range. He said something about working on the brake lights and a back up light.

Let me know when you get it figured out. I need brake lights, so everyone will stop ramming the back of mine..

Old 01-02-2000 | 09:33 PM
Trailblazer

I looked ecbaatz up in the search, just too check. It found him and showed every topic, that he had, responded too.
You may want to try it again..
Use the his username (ecbaatz) instead of his full name. That's what I did..

[This message has been edited by low-gear (edited 01-02-2000).]

Old 01-02-2000 | 10:15 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

Thank you to all that replied. I contacted ecbaatz and the search now works, must have been an error on my end. I will post how the mods go and difference in performance when I take the quad out again. Thanks again to all that replied.

Old 01-03-2000 | 11:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

hunt365@home.com,
If you see a substantial increase in engine performance with these mods then please let us all know. Removing the shifter lock-pin you will find to be a worth while mod. I think Eric added a motorcycle brake switch to operate the brake lights on his KQ. The neutral switch override should be done at the same time as the shifter if you choose to do this mod. I have only modified the shifter pin on my 99 KQ but I think I still have the info archived somewhere for the other mods if for some reason Erick doesent get the info to you (which is unlikely). If you do a lot of woods riding you may want to consider a set of stick stoppers for the front CV's. They cost a lot less than new CV Boots and are much easier to install. Good luck with the mod's..

Old 01-03-2000 | 12:04 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

I have already installed a set of CV boot guards. The only problem I have noticed with them is that they hold a lot of mud, and the mud freezes at night and the quad will not move in the morning. I am going to drill some holes in them so hopefully the mud will drain when it gets in there. (Just let quad thaw in garage and filled 5 5gal buckets with mud, before washing. My driveway is completely covered in mud. :-) But without mud what fun would it be.)

Old 01-03-2000 | 02:16 PM
Range Rover

Okay everyone, I see the requests. Once I get home and have access to the files I will forward them to those that request them. Yes I have both brake lights and backup lights installed on my King. It was really simply. I will draw a schematic and scan it so I can send it as well.

Guess I will also have to bring the files into work so I will have them available as well.

Tree Farmer, thanks for the compliment.

Now I need some snow so I can play with the King. Right now I am afraid I will have to wait until next winter. Of course, putting the plow on this weekend probably jinxed me but I hate doing it in the snow.

------------------
Eric Baatz 1996 Suzuki KING QUAD Remember the KING Lives!!

Quick Reply: Mods to King Quad