Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

King Quad rear axle ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 06:34 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King Quad rear axle ?

Thanks Rob! I am trying to find a manual now but if I can't get one before my parts arrive I will hit you up for those scans, I appreciate the offer! As far as where it broke? I dunno,, Have not got it apart yet,, But I do know,, It still runs/drives ( only the R wheel is powered) and the left wheel spins freely. The left wheel has had a little slop or "slack" in it since I got the thing. It (the KING) had a pretty serious rear brake dragging problem when I got it (they often locked when parked or trying to reverse) and I belive this has worn the CV (from powering out of the locked brakes) Anyhow Thanks again and I will hollar if I need any help. JJ

P.S. Rob,, Your KQ website is great , I have used many of your mods and am Fabbing a winch mount in the garage right now. Thanks for your hard work. JJ

Old 02-05-2004, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider

No problem, really only about 2 pages on it. But it looks like you have to remove the a-arm and all to get to it. That's probably the hard part.

Rob

Old 02-10-2004, 10:40 PM
Trailblazer

Hi Rob,, I have not found a manual yet,,Do you 'spose you could scan off those pages for me? I would really appreciate it. I tore down most of it today,,Easy Cheese till I hit the Inner part that comes off of the tranny! However I may be in luck! The outer part of the "half-shaft"(I think thats what you call it) The splines are all worn off and that is what is spinning. No broken CV or UJ or whatever. So what do you think? Should I just replace the half-shaft or go ahead and do the whole thing? I think I probably know the answer. Is this a common prob? Thanks again for all your input,,Helps alot. JJ

P.S. Know anybody that has taken a Quad to Mexico? I'm going the 1st of March and thought about takin the KQ,, Thanks JJ

Old 02-11-2004, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider

If it's the u-joint that has the axles on both sides then you can only buy (new) the complete unit. Plus you need to look carefully at BOTH splines where it is stripped. If you put a new male spline into a much warn female spline then the same thing could happen again...but quicker.

According to www.bikebandit.com the right and left are the same, price is $208.

Scans on the way to your email.
Rob

BTW, what's that email?

Old 02-11-2004, 09:39 PM
Range Rover

If you grease the brakes they don't freeze up. Well maybe we shouldn't tell people those kinda things?
Someone just may try that!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]