Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

LTZ400 BEATS A MODIFIED YFZ

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004 | 02:59 AM
Pro Rider
Default LTZ400 BEATS A MODIFIED YFZ

Originally posted by: killerKXF
I was there too dogg...and all I was saying was that on a field dominated by yamaha the honda still made #1 qualifier...that just goes to show how close they are in comparison
As for your comparison of the two machines, how about you take a TRX450R and race against Tim Farr on a YFZ what do you think the outcome of that race would be!!! Your talking about PRO riders, not some average guy!!! I am curious if Farr is slacking a bit because he has been beat quite alot this year!!! Could be the machines or maybe like everyone else in ALL sports, they each have their time!!!

Old 02-17-2004 | 03:06 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: z838mx
your absoutlly right it just shows that a great chasis and handeling will always out due a motor on the mx track even if the yamaha would win in a drag race. It is nice to know the real world has jumps and corners. Ill give it to honda that bike is a great feeling bike.
But in the real world the Yamaha won overall? I don't get it! The yamaha seems to handle and have an incredible chassis as it is! Yamaha just doesnt win in a drag race! They win Mx on both QUADS and BIKES! I like both quads, even though I own a Yamaha, I've ridden both and both are INCREDIBLE!!! But I'll give it to Yamaha, afterall when has Yamaha been a dominant force in MX besides Doug Eichner( 2 time champ) on his banshee? Bout time Yamaha stepped it up!!!

Old 02-17-2004 | 03:12 AM
|
Pro Rider

Doug Eichner is now on a TRX450R. Tim Farr has been getting beat because he is still hurt from last years TT race crash and Tim also claims that his Honda isn't dailed in yet. Give the Honda a bit of time and we will see how it turns out against the Yamahas.

Old 02-17-2004 | 03:15 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ORANGE400exRACER
Doug Eichner is now on a TRX450R. Tim Farr has been getting beat because he is still hurt from last years TT race crash and Tim also claims that his Honda isn't dailed in yet. Give the Honda a bit of time and we will see how it turns out against the Yamahas.
I think they will both do extremely well! I didnt know Farr was still hurt! The man rides awesome to still be hurt!!!

Old 02-17-2004 | 02:45 PM
Pro Rider

you guys might as well give up! your comparing apples to apples, some like the red ones and some like the green ones or in this case blue! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] after there striped down and made race ready there all the same, the guy that wins would have won on any quad. every rider has there own style and thats why some dominate certian tracks, like guss if its a high flying track he'll have the upper hand!

Old 02-17-2004 | 03:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TellicoGrizz660
I was there too dogg...and all I was saying was that on a field dominated by yamaha the honda still made #1 qualifier...that just goes to show how close they are in comparison
As for your comparison of the two machines, how about you take a TRX450R and race against Tim Farr on a YFZ what do you think the outcome of that race would be!!! Your talking about PRO riders, not some average guy!!! I am curious if Farr is slacking a bit because he has been beat quite alot this year!!! Could be the machines or maybe like everyone else in ALL sports, they each have their time!!!
Ok but you have to look at who you have on the YFZ's ....riders like creech and ellis..all I'm saying is if you take a non biais pro rider and put him running some time trials on a mx track and let him make a couple of runs on both machines the results would be idenical or very close to say the least....I also think they both may be in trouble with a ltz450 on the horizen

Old 02-17-2004 | 04:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TellicoGrizz660
Ok but you have to look at who you have on the YFZ's ....riders like creech and ellis..all I'm saying is if you take a non biais pro rider and put him running some time trials on a mx track and let him make a couple of runs on both machines the results would be idenical or very close to say the least....I also think they both may be in trouble with a ltz450 on the horizen
I may be going out on a limb here so bare with me, I'm sure you will get my point! If the LTZ450 versus the TRX450 and the YFZ450, is anything like the KX250F/RMF versus my YZ250f or the CRF250R then I VERY SERIOUSLY DOUBT that the YFZ or the TRX have anything to be worried abuot anytime soon!!! I have ridden the KX250F and the Zuki, so I don't think Yami or Honda will anything to really worry about!!

Old 02-17-2004 | 04:17 PM
Pro Rider

Nice acknolegement...which you may have somthing there...but the way I see it the z400 is running not that far behind now and I'm sure suki will consider that and do one better with the 450....

Old 02-26-2004 | 09:59 PM
Range Rover

damn your prices in the westcoast our expensive. In New York you can get a z400 for 5300 otd. and a yfz for 7000 otd.