Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

considering an Eiger but is the Yamaha better

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 01:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default considering an Eiger but is the Yamaha better

The yellow really stands out!!!!! I looked at the twin peaks and it hurt my eyes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

It does stay pretty clean and the rider stays clean and dry too.

My fan almost never comes on except after long slow riding. Check to be sure there isnt anything obstructing the cooler.

Old 03-08-2004, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Sullivad
I just wanted to update after my first weekend on the Eiger. Did lots of steep slippery snowy and icy hills, mud, rocks, etc out in Quebec.
The machine performed very very well, faster and better ride than the O4 Honda Rancher thatI have. Great climber and I love the simplicity of it. Not much to go wrong. The only thing that bothered me was the fan went on quite a bit and it was not all that warm out, say 34 deg f, so I was suprised.
I may want to get the aftermarket diff lock if I find out I cant get up something or am getting stuck where I should not. But at least the rest of the bike is well put together and solid.
Added bonus. It stays really clean compared to most other bikes. Must be due to the fender body design. Anyhow, the bright Suzuki yellow got plenty of looks on the trail this wekend being so clean and all in spite of the mud and slush.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Don't forget that adding that diff-lock will void your warranty if something should happen to your machine!

Old 03-08-2004, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider

Warranty is only 6 mos anyway [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Hey tgrizz, How bout some pics of all that equipment you list there. And how bout those mods you've done to the Grizz? Are you going to Windrock anytime soon?

Old 03-08-2004, 05:27 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: eiger2
Warranty is only 6 mos anyway [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Hey tgrizz, How bout some pics of all that equipment you list there. And how bout those mods you've done to the Grizz? Are you going to Windrock anytime soon?
First off, I dont have to have pics to justify anything I own, second, I have no mods to the Grizz except for tires and rims! I'll go to Windrock as well as Tellico and Hatfeild McCoy! But I have a race each weekend for the next month for sure! Then I'll have an off weekend!

Old 03-08-2004, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider

I didn't mean to offend you. I Don't question whether or not you have this stuff, I'd just like to see it. Do you ever look at the member pic pages? I like to know what people do with their quads and how things work out on em. Thats why I hang around these forums. I used to feel the same way bout street bikes until I found atving, now I can't get enuf. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-08-2004, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: eiger2
I didn't mean to offend you. I Don't question whether or not you have this stuff, I'd just like to see it. Do you ever look at the member pic pages? I like to know what people do with their quads and how things work out on em. Thats why I hang around these forums. I used to feel the same way bout street bikes until I found atving, now I can't get enuf. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
My YFZ is pretty much stock except for a new filter! The Grizz is stock except for 589's! The MX bikes are modified!

Old 03-08-2004, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider

589s are like mountain magnets [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-08-2004, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider

The just seem to me like the rubber is way to soft like the tread isnt going to last very long!

Old 03-08-2004, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider

589s too soft????? Rob has bout 900 miles and they still look like new. A lil rougher roun the edges but not really worn. The lil indents in the tread is still tight. He took em off the P360 to trade it in and was planning on putting em on the P700 he was trading for ,but thats another thread.

Old 04-02-2004, 12:40 PM
Range Rover

I know this is an old thread, but I had something to say. I just tried out that little trick about riding the brake slightly, and it works like a charm. I was climbing some really steep hills that I could not make it up(I was creeping it up, and one front tire was off the ground). When I rode the brake slightly, the Eiger pulled right on up. I was thoroughly(sp?) impressed, and I'm glad I have the extra $800 or so in my wallet still.

Quick Reply: considering an Eiger but is the Yamaha better