Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Lt 125 carb questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 01:32 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt 125 carb questions

My son has an LT125 that does run, but it just started doing this thing where if I force feed gas from the plunger on the side of the carb, it will run until it burns that. There are two "mystery tubes" that I need to know how to hook up. one is a long one that just appeared after a ride one day. It is connected to the carb at the bottom, my guess is overflow tube. The other one is near the top, smaller in length and has a small tube fitting on it that looks like it has a valve inside. I'm guessing a vent. I can see the pump, near the gas tank, and all is hooked up there. Is the next step look for crud in the pump diaghram? It was running real good, but just started doing this. I want him to be able to ride next to me on a good trip next to Dad's big Honda, but it's kind of a mystery where these tubes go, and why it don't run just right. Like I said, it was running pretty good for a while, and now seems starved for fuel.

Any help out there?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2004, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt 125 carb questions

My guess is that you were right about the tubes, i have a LT250r, so it might be a little different. I had a similar problem a while back. My dad and me tried fixing it, but i know car motors a lot better so we screwed it up. I can't really help you any further than to to say to take your carb off, make sure you see how your throttle is hooked up, thats what got screwed up. Clean your carb using some carb cleaner, ot brake cleaner, carb has oil in it. Clean your jets, very carefully, clean the needle in the seat, and all the little valves in it. If your lucky, put it back on and take it for a ride. If it still doen't run, i would just take it to your suzuki motor sports dealer. We had to and it costed around 100 bucks, but it was 4 months ago and mine still runs perfect!
------------------------
86 LT250r
Renthal chain and sprocket
Works performance nitrogen shocks. Front and rear
Boyesen power reeds
Nerf bars
Twist throttle