Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

KLOTZ BeNOL and powervalves

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 04:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KLOTZ BeNOL and powervalves

does Klotz BeNol gum up the powervalves?should i use Klotz BeNol at 32:1 or Belray synthetic at 32:1?

Old 04-02-2004, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider

does anybody run Klotz BeNol castor racing oil in with their gas on the 250 or 500's?what ratio?

Old 04-02-2004, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider

i would run 45 to 1 or 50 to 1 but thats just me 32 to 1 would smoke like hell

Old 04-02-2004, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider

it shouldnt smoke bad if it is jetted right..correct me if im wrong?

Old 04-02-2004, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider

needaR, First let me say congratulations on being smart enough to use a good bean oil. No synthetics. All my two strokes use bean oil and I never had a problem with power valves sticking. This includes my not so high revving KX500. I mix the Klotz BeNol 32:1 or 4 oz to a gallon (which ever comes first).[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-05-2004, 11:36 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: needaR
it shouldnt smoke bad if it is jetted right..correct me if im wrong?
Jetting affects how much fuel (oil & gas) is mixed with the air flowing into the engine. The exhaust might smoke because there is too much oil in the fuel OR because there is too much fuel in the mixture. Being 'oil rich' makes a white/blueish smoke while being 'fuel rich' makes a little darker smoke.

I have also run castors for years and I love the way BeNol smells, but I spoke to someone at Klotz and he did not recommend I use it for regular trail/play riding even on my engine that does not have a powervalve. Castors have to be mixed at lower ratios like 32:1 compared to 40 or 50 to 1 for synthetics. They also create a thicker film that requires higher rpm to be fully burned. Synthetics also have rust inhibitors for better storage characteristics.

When I rebuilt my engine (for the first time) a couple years ago there was suprisingly little wear but alot of carbon deposits. I was also changing plugs every few rides.

Old 04-05-2004, 01:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Some like bean-oils, some don't. No Mo bean oil for me. Didn't like the way it ran and made much residue.
Ppl. recommend breaking in a motor on bean oils and other oils with less lubricating qualitys so the rings can actually wear in. Then recommend going to a synthetic.
Synthetics are proven to be higher in lubrication values. I recommend they be mixed at what that particular oil recommends.
My favorite is Torco GP-7, but a hard find. I'm currently using Amsoil. Maxima super blue and Klotz R-50 has worked well for me also.
My 2 cents [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-05-2004, 02:28 PM
Pro Rider

so will i have to rejet going from 20:1 to 32:1?

Old 04-05-2004, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider

i think im going to stick to belray synthetic.do you change mixtures for winter?do you change any jets in the carb for winter?

Old 04-05-2004, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: needaR
so will i have to rejet going from 20:1 to 32:1?
That's a definite yes! You will need to rejet anytime you change ratios.
I don't change mixtures for winter or anytime... get a good quality oil, and stick with it. I run what the oil mfg recommends, and jet accordingly.

Jetting will change with temperature and air density. It's best to buy a meter and take notes (If your as **** about proper jetting as I am)
My winter jetting can be quite different that summer... depends on the temp/density

I too ran belray... it made my exhaust valve quite sticky after a while...I noticed quite a bit of wear also.... Amsoil 2000 is the flavor I prefer... 3 years with the valve as clean as when I put it together.

Good luck

Quick Reply: KLOTZ BeNOL and powervalves