Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

works rear shock ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 07:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default works rear shock ?

anyone else have a works rear shock on there lt / my rear sits really low and does not have much travel . i think someone had let some of the nitrogen out before i got it. anything i can do?

Old 04-03-2004, 11:02 PM
Range Rover

you will probably need to send it in to works to get it fixed. I think a tune up to the shock is around $100

Old 04-04-2004, 06:33 PM
Trailblazer

I got one on my 500 and it kicks ****..... A local shop would prob. be cheaper if it is just a nitro fill. Usally about 60 to 70 bucks. I used some one called SHock Workz here in Cali and he did it on the spot. They are going to have to pull it apart and check the oil to see if that leaked out too. Nitro and Oil do not dictate your ride hight though. How much sag do you have. Meaning when you pick up the rear, how much does the quad move up? You are suposed to have 1/3rd of your travel in sag. When you pull up on the quad, right before the tires leave the ground put a ruler on top of the tire and measure the distance between the tire and the fender. You want to use the top of the tire to take the tire flex out of the problem. Then sit on your quad and take that measearment and it should be around 2 in. ANything more, you will need to tighten the spring. or a bigger spring. If you find that you finally get the 2inch sag and lost you rebound (read-shoots right back up) you have the wrong spring size. Like I said it is usally about 1/3 of you travel. Works says for mine (9.1 inches of travel) that I should have between 2-3inches of sag when sitting on it. 2 works good for my riding.

Hope it helps.

ca