Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

What company should port my Quadracer??

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What company should port my Quadracer??

ok...right now i have the mods listed below...but im looking foward to doing a complete engine rebuild. I have found many companies that offer packages and everything...but this is what i want. My dream is to have LRD pipe silencer, LRD porting and polishing, LRD Head mod, 38mm Air Stryker carb, bore and hone, wiseco pro lite piston, bottom end gone through and replaced worn parts, and all new bearings and bushings. I know this is gonna be very expensive, but i think me and my dad may be able to do the bottom end and bearings at home because he is very smart, and we also know many people who work on these things. But my questions are...What order should i go in? i was thinking pipe/silencer, carb, and then send off the cylinder and head to get ported, head mod, bore, and new piston. While its gone we will have the bottom end gone through. Anyone say different?

I say my dream is LRD because i watch racing and that is the company you ALWAYS see on the podium. Some may disagree, but u must admit they are on the podium alot. But they are also expensive....What are some other company's that are more reasonable? I was thinking, CT, Duncan (PT), etc...i just want some suggestions on a reasonable kit, yet one that is able to smoke the new 4 strokes..Any suggestions would help...and this isnt gonna happen soon, but i like to have somethin to dream for. haha

Old 04-28-2004, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider

i would like to know some porting info too.i mainly ride fast trails and fields

Old 04-28-2004, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

i almost forgot to say that i ride trails, fields, and have now started in the MX scene. So basically i need a good all-around engine. I know thats hard to do, though.

Old 04-28-2004, 11:20 PM
Trailblazer

LRD porting is good but the people on TV have low end power not top end and LRD is very expensive,another good company is ct porting they can do low end,mid range,top end and drag porting. the LRD pipe is a great pipe so is paul tunner(Duncan) they have good porting also.
I would send your cylinder off first because it will take longer to port it,while that is going on you can do the bottom of the engine.when you send your cylinder off order you a pipe, clutches,k&n clamp on to the carb.,and paddles.if your cylinder doesn't need to be bored i wouldn't do it boring really doesn't do anything , i would talk to the people that is going to do your porting about that they might be able to tell you if you need to bore or not to and see if they can do it, i would also ask them about jetting your carb.

Old 04-29-2004, 01:40 AM
Range Rover

THere are many types of porting and its difficult to say who does the best job. POrting involves opening the exhuast and intake ports and diferent companys do things a little different. I would definately get a LRD pipe and silencer , they are the best. I have the adjustable pipe from LRD which you can give top or bottom end simply by shortening or lengthening the pipe. IF you plan to do the work yourself find a wholesaler in the back of dirt wheels magazine and order them. IF you plan to have your cyl. modded you should atleast replace your main bearings and have your crank inspected/ welded because the extra HP may cause damage to a already failing bottom end. I would get the bottom end worked on first then upgrade your pipe, carb, and intake before the porting, because you wont see its full potential till those are upgraded first anyway.

Old 04-29-2004, 10:48 AM
Pro Rider

had Eric Gorr at Forward Motion port a couple of cylinders for me. His price is extremely good and the work was very nice. Did a Blaster and an LT250, with all-around riding characteristics. I am pleased. Look at the picture of Choke Cherry hill on my pix page, my kid's Blaster pulls that big mama now.

Old 04-29-2004, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider

i was really looking in CT...but heck..they actually were really expensive too...450 to port cyl. and head...and bore/hone with a piston kit...to me thats bascially 150 for the bore/hone and piston kit, makin their portin close to 300...i am on a budget here...but i would really like to go with a well-known company...I have heard of eric gorr, but i dont hear too much of him. any other suggestions?

Old 04-30-2004, 12:50 AM
Pro Rider

Search Eric Gorr and look at his web site, and read what he has to say. Very knowledgeable guy. Lots of 300-500 $ port jobs out there, I don't see how they'd be any better than what I got for $150.

Old 04-30-2004, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

Try this guy -
Portworx - Coweta Ok. 918-638-9185

Old 04-30-2004, 07:30 PM
Trailblazer

I have used Eric Gorr for six years and probably 25 motors. The guy does GREAT work, and is great to deal with, not to mention his prices are cheap. The only draw back is that he does so many motors for privateer SX teams that at certain times of the year he builds up a hell of a waiting list, so be sure to call him to see when / if he can get you in.

Quick Reply: What company should port my Quadracer??