Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

you guys have to be carefull!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default you guys have to be carefull!!!!

Old 05-12-2004, 10:18 PM
jt
Range Rover

man sorry to hear about ur loss..march 30th, i wrecked my z pretty hard and they took out my spleen and appendix, fractured sternum, broken rib, bruised heart, bruised pancreas, concussion, and some scrapes and bruises...i'm real lucky to be alive.....riding fast is fun, but if ur gonna do it, take the extra precautions and check out the land ur riding on so u don't have any unexpected surprises like i did.

Old 05-12-2004, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

I looked it up. It happened just as you say. The online Post-Standard account contains personal family information so it is not for me to post the link here, unless you want it so. I am sorry to hear of David Lee's death. I hope his buddy recovers, and you too, from the burns the article said you suffered. David sounds like just a good fellow, always up for a bit of fun. Pretty much lost for what to say now...

Old 05-13-2004, 04:16 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry about your loss. I know this will make me think when I'm out on my ATV. My brother and I use to take stupid risks all the time but have stopped because of stories just like yours. Thank you for sharing. I'm sure it will have an effect on all of us.

I don't have any stories like that but just the other day two individuals who I work with went through the ice. Both lost their ATVs and had to be helicoptered to the hospital. I believe they are okay but why take the risk. Now everyone in our shop rides ATVs have to go to a safety briefing.

My prayers are with you and your family.

Old 05-13-2004, 09:42 AM
Pro Rider

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss..Prayers go out to you and your family.
Everyone~ please be careful out there

Old 05-13-2004, 10:30 AM
Trailblazer

needaR- My post was a smart-*** response to your comments. I probably didn't need to go there.your post seemed so petty compared to what was started here. You obviously didn't get my point. I apologize for being an @ss.

Old 05-13-2004, 11:15 AM
Trailblazer

for all you guys out their i want to say one thing you think quads are bad eh!!! (yes im from canada) well i watched this thign at school on monday and it said that everyday and in those days eery 5 hrs soem one dies in a car crash because some stupid f**k drove home or soem where drunk and killed soem one i really dotn want that to happedn to you guys because i care about every one in this f**ked up world but really PLEAS DRIVE SOBER

Old 05-13-2004, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: luny2nz
needaR- My post was a smart-*** response to your comments. I probably didn't need to go there.your post seemed so petty compared to what was started here. You obviously didn't get my point. I apologize for being an @ss.
A good show of class, luny2nz. I was only just barely able to stifle the urge to post my own such response. Now I can't resist.

Hello, Earth to some people. Look, a guy just shared with us that his 24 year old brother died right in front of him in an ATV accident. It really happened, in Skaneatles, New York. He received serious burns in trying to help his brother and a friend, who was riding behind him and is still in critical condition in hospital.

This isn't the time to tell him you know how he feels because you scraped your shin. It's not the place to ask for advice on tire selection. It's not appropriate to 'Laf Out Loud', or to preach about cars and alcohol, for crissakes.
If you're going to post something, post something sympathetic and supportive.

» More From The Post-Standard
Read Tomorrow's News Today

For more coverage check tomorrow's edition of The Post-Standard.

Skaneateles man dies in ATV crash
Sunday, May 02, 2004
By Emily Kulkus
Staff writer

David Lee Hardy played hard. It was how the Skaneateles native loved to live, his family said, and early Saturday it was how he died.
Hardy, 24, of **** ****Road, was killed when the four-wheel recreational vehicle he was driving missed a turn, hit a tree and burst into flames about 1:30 a.m. on Long Pond Road in the Lewis County town of Croghan.

Hardy and his passenger - Nicholas J. Spinelli, 24, of **** **** Road, Skaneateles - were thrown from the ATV, state police at Pulaski said. Spinelli was listed in critical condition Saturday night at University Hospital, a nursing supervisor said.

Hardy and Spinelli were lifelong best friends, Hardy's family said. Both loved the outdoors, and...<<

Old 05-13-2004, 02:10 PM
Pro Rider

dam man, sorry to hear bout your loss suzuki4ever.

ross

Old 05-13-2004, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider

no i didnt get it.i was one of the first to post.i said i was sorry for his loss.i didnt post it to be rude or anything.sorry for the miss conception.ill delete it.