Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

how does an ltz400 stack up to an lt250R

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 06:32 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how does an ltz400 stack up to an lt250R

Well both are good machines with pro's and con's of each. In a drag race the 87 and up racer will pretty much shut down most any four stroke that is in stock form, but there is more to riding than that. That power to weight thing is a beast to beat sometimes. The 400 in stock form has a very nice suspension. Much nicer than the 250, but a set of shocks can fix that. In nice tight trails it has been my experience that my 250 will leave the 400 way back in the crowd. Those extra pounds in some situations really make a difference no matter how much power and suspension you have . In the open area both are great. The 400 is just new technology. The 400 will give you good gas milage and being new will probably give you many trouble free miles. So will a 250, but they are old now and stuff gets wore out after time. I'm an old school two stroke guy and that is what I like. Someone starting out might want the 400 beacuse it is new and looks to have a pretty good after market for it. Not sure if you could go wrong with either, just depends on taste. But for all out perforemance with just a few mods(pipe and such) and shocks the 250 would have the advantage for the most part.

Old 06-02-2004, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider

wow 92racer...get some pics up of ur quad...How is the Eliminator Kit and cool head? Also...did that V-Force reed cage make a noticable difference?? Hows about the shocks?? I have been really thinking about getting the same front shocks (with rezzies) and rebuild my back shock. How does ur stuff compare to stock stuff? Did it make a huge difference in handling?

Old 06-02-2004, 07:18 PM
Range Rover

Fiddy the shock were a night and day difference. Worth every penny. I don't know how I rode without them. My shocks were probably toast back in 95. More than likely I was riding on spring all those years with just the rear shock working a little bit. It was an expensive mod , but the first time I rode it was heaven. Nothing like hitting bumps in 4th and fith gear and not EVEN thinkig about it. They are great. Very plush. The eliminator kit is sweet. I did all of the mods at once so I can't really say which one did the most. All I know is know matter where I go and who I am with everyone looks at my quad when I fire it up and hit the gas. It is super crisp and responsive. And I am often told that "Hey man that thing sounds awesome". That is coming from others that I don't even know with other makes. Not tooting my horn, I just don't know what other way to describe it. I like to keep low key and not brag about what I have , but with this set up it is hard to sneak up on people know. The power is pretty awesome. First and second com on so fast and the throttle response will snap back. I think the 39 PWK helps with that mid and high throttle response. The only down part to all of it was I did loose some bottom end, but the top makes up for it. I might be able to srounge up some pics of it. Not sure if you can post them here or not? Back to the question of the shocks even if the stock ones were rebuilt they wouldn' t compare to the Works and Ohlin. That rear Ohlin is just a joy and will last along time. By the way I have the resivors as well. Decided to go all they way if I was goin to do it. Man that sure hurt the pocket book.

Old 06-03-2004, 12:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MrJohnson

I would love to have some of what your smoking if you think a 350 busts out of the hole faster than a 427. Makes me wonder why Drag motors are so big if the small motors are quicker out of the hole. Oh yeah, because there not.

Lets try to keep correct information in this forum.

Old 06-03-2004, 05:21 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Slacker1bob
MrJohnson

I would love to have some of what your smoking if you think a 350 busts out of the hole faster than a 427. Makes me wonder why Drag motors are so big if the small motors are quicker out of the hole. Oh yeah, because there not.

Lets try to keep correct information in this forum.
Have to agree. With my experience in drag racing with both small and big block Chevies the 427 all things being equal will have the edge on the take off from the sheer torque of the motor moving that heavy car. Ie: it doesn't have to work as hard.

Old 06-03-2004, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider

what does the eliminator kit consist of?how much?
i myself are a muscle car fan.all mopar though.i have a 67 plymouth belvedere for summer restoration.(looking for a 440 and 727).my dad has a pro street 69 plymouth GTX that is all tubbed and stuff[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].and a STOCK 69 Plymouth sport satalite.

Old 06-04-2004, 05:37 AM
Range Rover

Yeah one of my best friends is into MOpars. He has a couple of 70 Coronets and a 69 Charger. We are inthe process of making one of the Coronets into a full fledged racecar. Full frame with a blown 526 alky hemi. Should be pretty nasty. I don't remember what the kit cost since it was about 4 years ago. I think it was around $1300. I did a few things different in the kit so it was a little less maybe. I went with the Delta V-force reed cage instead of the Pyramid set up they sell. I was familiar with the Delta reeds form my snowmachines so I just went with what I know. I think I made the right chioce. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I recomend the kit to anyone.

Old 06-04-2004, 10:15 AM
Pro Rider

WOW!!that will be one mean coronet.did the kit come with a carb,pipe/silencer,porting,etc??

Old 06-04-2004, 04:21 PM
Range Rover

Yep! Go check out the Duncan Racing web site and you will probably be able to get more details.