Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Suzuki Quadsport LT250s

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 07:53 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suzuki Quadsport LT250s

Your probably going to have to get a bigger rim size and tire if your going with new tires because the rim size for the LT250s, i think minimum size that will fit is those big azz balloon tires that i used to have. Just for a little note on the engine .. When you drain the oil out, and go to put it all back together, make sure you put a little bit of oil inside the Spark plug hole on the engine. That will just ensure that your Camshaft, lobes, lifters, etc.. dont get burnt up from oil not being pumped up there fast enough. MAKE SURE you get a gasket kit. I.E. : Stator cover gasket, lower head / block gasket, upper cam / cylinder gasket. If you do not clean where the gasket sits, your gasket will not seal correctly and will cause damage to the engine. Also, when looking at the piston, make sure its in good shape. If theres any scraping on the inside of the cylinder, you might want to try and get the cylinder honed out or possibly bored out to the next bigger size and buying a new piston / ring set. I hope this helps you. Be careful . I had to spend almost $700 on my first quad because I did the engine wrong. =)

Old 05-25-2005, 11:54 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suzuki Quadsport LT250s

[quote]
Originally posted by: LT250s
make sure you put a little bit of oil inside the Spark plug hole on the engine. That will just ensure that your Camshaft, lobes, lifters, etc.. dont get burnt up from oil not being pumped up there fast enough. q]

Don't do this! putting oil in the spark plug hole will not get to the cam, or lifters. Do use assembly lube when you rebuild an engine