Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

need some legal advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 12:15 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some legal advice

A supporting deposition is a request for the officer to put in writing exactly what he/she did when he pulled you over. Why?/Where?/When?

Alot of times they are so busy with other things, or forget to fill them out, and then your ticket will get dismissed. Unless he/she remembers you as an as$hole, then they will make a special effort....

Like one of the other guys said in this forum, if you do end up just going to court, just act decent, and take what you get like a man. The fine prolly wont be as much as a lawyer will cost you to reduce it....250 around here minimum

I forget what you said the ticket was but if it was only speeding, f-it, ask him to reduce it to 375(17), parking on a highway. Where I live that will cost in the area of 100 bucks and there is no points on your license...

Old 06-28-2004, 05:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some legal advice

I hope I'm not responding too late. Get in your law books on the subject. Call attorneys, call the DA's office, whatever it takes. I know in some states, cops can't talk(question) to minors without a guardian present. Use the techniclities, wrong street, etc. to discredit the officers testimony. Prove he's biased toward atvers or whatever. Pi$$ on all those saying take your medicine. This is the US after all. The cops have to enforce the law to the letter, without prjudice. That cop that pulled you over didn't have to be that harsh, especially to a minor without a drivers liscence who wouldn't necessarily know all the laws of the road. Play up your lack of knowledge. Even if you did know, pretend you didn't. Use the "now I know better, and it won't happen again" routine. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. But by all means consult a lawyer. Too bad your not a military brat, legal is free for me and mine. However, if you know anyone who is military, have them ask there legal office for advice on the matter. Hope this helps and sorry for your bad luck with a bad cop. Tell your local Krispy Kreme to cut him off, for being a meanie.