Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

i could kill my neighbors

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i could kill my neighbors

our bigtime local farmer just put absolutely no atv signs all up and down our road.THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! the worst part is its just at the trails on our road, no other trails. im pretty sure i know why to-my neighbors have ridden through the middle of this field so much that they have made a dirt path through it. im p!ssed off. and these farmers own all the land on the hill except for 6 or 7 families that own a few acres. i can only ride my quad on the 5 acres of land we own and 4 of that is taken up with pasture. how fun. i get to ride my brand new quad at speeds of about 5 mph because the 1 acre is woods. yes

what do u suggest i do

it is 4th of july weekend it could be for that, but somehow i dought that.

i was thinking that id let it slide for a week or so and then go talk to them. i do most of my riding at my buddies houses and i need at least 1 trail open to get there.

i figured id say look ur probably p!ssed, but my family wasnt a part of this and u know with u shutting down all the trails we cant even leave our land. and i can assure u that if u open up a part of the trail that people wont ruin it this time(u could even leave the field blocked off) we dont need it to get where were going.

and id sign a paper or something

what do u guys suggest. i hate people that give responsible atvers a bad rep.

Old 07-02-2004, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

yea just go talk to him, maybe he'll change his mind and open the trail, i mean hes just ganna **** everyone off by doin that, o yea and i hate my neighbors to i mean the state owns 50ft from the middle of the road so i ride in the very front parts of ppl yards and they get all bitchy my neighbor right next to me tried to jump out in front of me to stop me, i mean wut a dumba$$

Old 07-02-2004, 02:31 AM
Pro Rider

i'd rip the signs down but i'd have a buddy talk to him first that way he can't tell the cops that he told you specifically no riding on his land

Old 07-02-2004, 03:00 AM
Pro Rider

Don't get tooo offended but,.. the farmer could probably kill all of you who are tresspassing on his land , without even askin in the first place!!!! I know I wouldn't be happy if I was a farmer
and people just took it upon themselves to make use of my land that I'm payin on and got
insurance liability on! After he posts his land.... NOW YOU WANNA ASK IF IT'S OKAY?????
You might still have a shot at permission but than again you might not, cause now he's
gonna have doubts as to how innacent{spelt wrong} you really are in this hole mess.
How can you proove to him that wasn't any of your quads makin that mess of his income??
I think it would have HELPED if you had gotten permission before this whole mess! Because
usually the farmer would have said YES, and would have showed you where and what parts
of his land you could make use of for your atv' ing. But that may be all BLOWN TO SH*T now!!
Just think about whats going through his mind right now....lost X amount of dollars for the year
because atv'ers trashed my income,..my woods are all torn up hope I don't get sued because someones
out back there layin deadin my woods that I didn't know about, so I don't loose the farm over it .Ya know
the farmers yes have tons of land and yes this land is their source of income and yes they are are pretty friendly folks.I think they would have APPRECIATED it MORE if you had asked before this
problem.

Old 07-02-2004, 03:10 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Gills04yfz
yea just go talk to him, maybe he'll change his mind and open the trail, i mean hes just ganna **** everyone off by doin that, o yea and i hate my neighbors to i mean the state owns 50ft from the middle of the road so i ride in the very front parts of ppl yards and they get all bitchy my neighbor right next to me tried to jump out in front of me to stop me, i mean wut a dumba$$
No Offense man but i would probably get pissed if you rode in the front of my yard too ..

Old 07-02-2004, 07:51 AM
Range Rover

[i]No Offense man but i would probably get pissed if you rode in the front of my yard too ..
Amen to that.

Old 07-02-2004, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider

we did have permission. every year my dad makes us go and talk to them to see where is okay to ride this year and where should we stay away from.

my neighbors never go and do that and two families from cabins that each have abouth five or six quads each-they never ask. then they just went rip roarin through hay fields. those people ruined it for everyone.

Old 07-02-2004, 12:20 PM
Range Rover

There's no way you should be pissed at the farmer. Take it up with your dad or whatever to let you ride on your own five acres, instead of abusing someone else's land that they need to grow crops on to put food in their mouths. My family farms about 800 acres and we went through the same thing 10 years or so ago with a bunch of ungrateful neighborhood kids. Oh and please, whoever suggested ripping down the signs, quit being such a little girl and man up, if you want to talk to the guy go talk to him, but don't destroy his signs. I can't believe some of these responses. Wonder how we get a bad rep???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-02-2004, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider

i do all my riding thats on his land in the woods. i have no need to go tearing through his fields

Old 07-02-2004, 12:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if your dad talks to him every year and the trail u need to access isnt through his important area ,id explain it wasnt u and see if he will give your family written permissionto access that trail only.if he says no you will know why. but usually if you sign a liability slip making him not lyable and only access where permitted they are pretty lienant. good luck kinda late now eh? and as for gills the 50 feet from road theory your kinda askin for trouble riding there. let me take my 77 jimmy with mickey thompsons down ur dads 50 feet of curb appeal and leave fattazz trenches for him to mow over. ya think he would just try to jump in front of me ? lmfao thats why peep are putting up signs . i rem when the farmers had those salt guns to shoot at ya when ya rode through their sod farms and apple orchards, that used make ya think lol

Quick Reply: i could kill my neighbors