Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Some Q's about the King Quad 700

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 12:43 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some Q's about the King Quad 700

Some of the 'one lungers' have so much torque and HP, I bet you couldnt ride em without soiling your diapers.

TRX450, DS650, Raptor660, YFZ450 --- All 'one lungers'...

Old 08-29-2004, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider

Nyroc, At what point does the KQ pass the P700? 50ft? 100ft/ and what kind of top speed? legit 70 mph???????

Old 08-29-2004, 03:48 PM
Trailblazer

I really dont think it will beat my Brute Force. Im pretty sure thing King and the prairie are the only two that can put up some comp for the Brute. The King will be pretty fast cause of that high *** compression and DOHC but still the Prairie and the Brute are V-twins. I am pretty sure the King will handle better than the Brute but not better than the Prairie.

But thats just a 13yr olds oppion

Old 08-29-2004, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

I heard it will beat the P700. I promised not to tell who told me that. It was a pretty reputable source. I do not know exactly when it passes the P700.

You know what is funny? I don't spend an awful lot of time at full throttle on my P650. I had Kisssofdeath a race because he asked me to race him to evaluate some mods he did. I just don't care about being fastest. Being fastest is good for bragging rites, but proving that you are fastest can get you hurt or dead.

Old 08-29-2004, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider

You are right about that nyroc.....my only problem is like the old saying....it's easy to move up but hard to move down.After having this 650 I had a chance to ride a Kodiak and and Eiger recently.Both are good machines and when I had the Kodiak I thought it was very strong but after riding the Prairie all this time moving down in power I am afraid will disappoint me.Trying to be the (fastest) is what got on of ours hurt last month.He was on a grizz and came up to challenge me and when we took off we came up to a bend that he could not make.It was very scary...more for me because I had to watch it.I just adjusted my belt again...I will not really miss that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] if I was to go with the KQ.
02 650 camo

Old 08-29-2004, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider

I am positive that you will be stepping up in power going from the P650 to the KQ700.

If you compare the KQ egnine to a grizz, I think you will see why it has so much more than a griz, and also a stock P650.

-The Dual cams allow ideal port angles for improved flow (not so on the grizz)
-The EFI system has no carb slides or venturis. All carburetors have some kind of venturi which causes a flow loss. EFI usually flows about 10% better than a carb.
-The KQ comp ratio is 10:1, wheras the griz is 9:1. That will produce a strong bottom end.
-Add 40cc. There really are replacements for displacement, but the easiest power increases do come from more displacement.

So, I really think this KQ has the 660 engine stomped big time. Remember the 660 had only 1 less horsepower than a P650. However, the griz "felt" like it was a whole lot less powerful than a P650 on the bottom, because the P650 power curve was so much better. The V-twin will always be a better power plant than a single.

But, add all those performance improvements to the KQ, and I think you will have about the same bottom end as a P650 or maybe a little better, and more midrange and top by a long shot.

Heck, I can live with that. I think the KQ will be a very strong runner.

The BF has been detuned alot. The V is still better for producing power. But, what we need to do is show kawasaki that we make quad purchase decisions intelligently, and that power is not the only thing that makes riding fun (required, but not the only).

Old 08-29-2004, 06:23 PM
Trailblazer

Whats the point of having a 700 or in my case a 750 and not want to be the fastest. Why get a big bore .

Old 08-29-2004, 06:27 PM
Trailblazer

Just go to FST and see if they got a higher comp piston if so u will eat the King and become the king.

But thats just a 13yr olds oppion

Old 08-29-2004, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider

I ride some nasty trails. What would I use a high comp piston for? I need better handling and stability than a BF has, but I also need IRS for rocks. I think the KQ would be best for that.

Although not the fastest quad, it is probably the best all around.

Moose, would that high comp piston help the BF handle better, or take a steeper off camber side hill, or not be so light in front?

Those must be some kinda special pistons if they will do all that.

Old 08-29-2004, 07:39 PM
Trailblazer

eh all u got to do is get spacers from HL. That should help right.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Some Q's about the King Quad 700