Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Modifications On an Eiger

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 05:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modifications On an Eiger

Well, I went out and bought a stage one kit. The kit includes a variety of different jets and an air filter. My ATV runs amazing now, not to mention the throttle response that goes along with it. No more carb problems. For a mere $200 (includes tax), I highly recomend rejetting.

Old 10-08-2004, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

Yep, I'd have to say it's been a darn long time since I've been on here...

The Vinson carb ROCKS! I did have one little problem, though; there was a spider in the fuel line from the used atv place and I didn't know about it, so it got sucked into the float bowl and then wedged in the main jet. All of the sudden (at the dunes, of course) the Eiger was b a r e l y running at all, just wouldn't even hardly move. I was scared, but tore the carb down and found the damn spider totally lodged in the fuel pickup under the main jet. THEN, about 2 months later, it was running poorly again, a real bad flat spot at mid-rpm, and weird idle problems. I pulled the jet out and looked, and there was that damn spider's leg caught sideways inside the actual jet hole. So, now that I've cleaned out all my spider parts, it runs like a champ. Not really any improvement to the top end, I believe that to be an exhaust issue, but it GETS to top speed (55 or so) in dramatically less time than before, it wheelies a lot easier, and it climbs the dunes WAY better. It was truly an amazing improvement. Oh yeah, the Vinny carb comes with a Keihin 128 jet, and I changed that out to the 134. I highly recommend that as well.

Now it's deer hunting season, and I'm expecting to ride the trails behind my house and score some meat!!

Take 'er easy...

Old 10-08-2004, 08:10 AM
Range Rover

My older brother had very similiar problems as you guys. He then rejetted his 03' manual, and it ran much better. Startup, acceleration, etc. $50 jet kit, look into it.

Old 10-12-2004, 02:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey AKSAFARI,

How did you get your spark arrester out. I have loosened the bolt but can't seem to pull out the arrester. I even started pulling on it with vice-grips. What's going on?