Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Cleared to go!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 12:03 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleared to go!

Greetings everyone. First-time poster. Nice site - everyone seems eager to help. Got the $ and permission to purchase an ATV. Life is good. Am a 1st time buyer. Experienced motorcycle rider. Been reading the many posts for weeks and test riding everything. Down to the Vinson auto and KingQ. With all of 1 hour riding experience behind me, Vinson seems more nimble, easier to handle. Can afford either bike. Please help me make the right purchase. Open to ALL opinions.

Priorities:
1st - reliability (mechanical ability = 0. Own 3 businesses - limited free time - want to ride not service bike)
2nd - ease of handling (aggressive riding level: 6. Top end and racing unimportant now)
3rd - comfort (machine helps rider on mountain trails - bike to stay planted - up and down - maybe 2 up)

Am leaving town for 10 days. Looking forward to making purchase on return. Thank you in advance for any helpful information. Much appreciated!

Old 11-27-2004, 03:18 AM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"
Default Cleared to go!

All I know is that every body is loving the KQ.

Old 11-27-2004, 08:56 AM
Range Rover
Default Cleared to go!

11/27/2004

Yeti,

I am a new ATV rider with previous Motorcycle experiance. (Harley's)

The KQ should be a bit more comforable.. Maybe... :-) Riding 2up is quit easy although not advised.. :-)
As far as reliablitity is concerned I think the KQ is to new to know what the long term problems could be. The Vinson seems to have had a go run in this reguard.

I have only ridden a Vinson for a short period of time on two occasions and wasn't able to do a head to head. But so far I have been very happy with the KQ barring some minor issues that seem to be improving with breakin. Oh and you would spend alot less for the Vinson!

Good Luck,

Hibrass

Old 11-27-2004, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider
Default Cleared to go!

wouldnt get a first year, trust me on this one........you will be plagued with problems, mabey not tomorrow but a year down the road when they are saying oh thats a service buliten. the vinson had the same deal, they cleaned it up in the following years, it started with the cracking frames and the bad shifters.

i know the kq has the to 10mph bog, and to be honest i took it for a ride loved it, and then looked at some of the components used to build it.

if i can sheer apart driveshafts with a built 500, a efi 700 should have more torque. the dealer told me that the cv joints were beafed up, thats a lie, they are the exact part number is the vinson, granted the kq uses 2 of the same long style axels, oppose to the vinsons long and short setup, also the frount shocks are straight off the vinny.

the king quad has diff lock so thats a plus, i wish my vinson came with it but i did add it with a better more durable one than any production bike.

irs-sra? its up to you, just ride both thats the easiest way.

v581

Old 11-27-2004, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default Cleared to go!

what about a grizzly or kodiak??? i mean if you got the $ and ***** to handle it

Old 11-27-2004, 08:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Cleared to go!

Thanks guys.
I very much appreciate the feedback. Will think about this on my long drive north and back. Seems the Honda tranny gets good reviews but not much else. Anything in the 05 line up to look at - or not look at - 500 cc range? Lastly, if the Vinson and the KingQ weigh about the same, why does the Vinson seem more "tossable?"

Old 11-27-2004, 09:08 PM
Trailblazer
Default Cleared to go!

because it has a solid rear axle. everyone one is on the irs bandwagon right now for the PLUSH RIDE. well pi$$ on the plush ride, sra is twice as fun to ride and doesnt feel like riding a mechanical bull. if you want the most proven and fun to ride big bore quad then look no further than the prairie 700 or the brute force 650 and forget about the rest of them. prairies have won more shootouts and cross country utility races than all the others combined twice. one ride is all it takes, so go take it.

Trending Topics

Old 11-27-2004, 10:20 PM
Trailblazer
Default Cleared to go!

I would have to say get the King![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

What color are you planning on getting?

BigDozer66

Old 11-28-2004, 10:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Cleared to go!

BigDozer: 1 more vote for the KingQ! Green,...I think. Maybe yellow.
Trailblazer: Thanks for the clarification. I couldn't put my finger on the ride difference. IRS,...like riding a mechanical bull! You're right!!!! Not sure if that's a bad thing but you sure nailed the feeling!!!
On the Kawy comments for the BF650 and Prairie: Bikes feel different to different riders. I just thought the suzukis and especially the Vinson were easier to steer and felt more nimble. Course what do I know? I've got 1 hour riding under my belt. Anyway,...sure looking forward to buying something when I get back.
Thanks guys! Your opinions do matter & I appreciate it.
See you when I get back.