Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

HELP!! Anyone know....

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 01:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! Anyone know....

I read on another forum that the gunnar switch wont work on the z because of the electrical system setup. Been hearing horror stories of damaged cdi boxes, blown fuses, and worse. I have narrowed it down to either the orange or orange/white wires but if this is the wrong style of switch, I dont wanna even try it. Does the red wire off the gunnar install in-line on one wire? I know the black needs to be grounded to the frame, but Im still fuzzy on the red wire coming off the switch. It has about a 3 inch wire with a connector on the end crimped into the main connector. Should I just hang it up and buy a different switch, or ya think this one will work? Thanks again man.

Old 12-10-2004, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! Anyone know....

i looked at the switch diagram carefully and you have the opposite type of stock run-off switch... most sport atv's have the switched closed to kill the bike while yours opens the switch to kill the bike.... with that said the tether will try to close the switch to kill the bike which really will just keep it running... i don't think that tether is gonna work when wired tradionally. If you wire it to the igniton switch it will just turn your lights on and not kill the bike... i'm at a loss... the two place that seem possible will not work.

And the reason it was trying to start your bike is becuase connecting the O/W wire to ground does the same thing as hitting the start button.

so O/W is out of the question... and Orange to ground looks like it will blow the fuse.

Yup.. wrong style of kill switch you need one that is normally closed and will open when you pull the tether. in other word break the electrical connection when the tether is pulled instead of closeing it like the one you have.