Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

LOUD EXHAUST FOR LTZ250...WHAT SHOULD I GET?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 08:26 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOUD EXHAUST FOR LTZ250...WHAT SHOULD I GET?

WHAT BRAND OF EXHAUST, MAKES LOUD SOUNDS?

Old 12-20-2004, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

i wanted loud also for my first piped quad my warrior it soon got very annoying because of how loud it was...but if u want a loud exhaust that puts out good hp u might wanna check out albaaction and get the alba pipe

Old 12-20-2004, 10:44 PM
Trailblazer

THANKS.....THAT WAS WHAT I WAS PLANNING ON GETTING

Old 12-21-2004, 02:18 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just run a straight header, take off the silencer.

Old 12-21-2004, 04:37 AM
US Army lifer

First thing's first, TURN OFF THE CAPS LOCK!!! YOU'RE SCREAMING AT US!!!

Secondly, why on earth do you want a loud pipe? When will the kids here ever grow up and get over their loud pipe lust? Just because a pipe is loud does not mean that it makes a lot of power. Yeah, it may sound cool for about twenty minutes, but your neighbors and anyone else within earshot will begin to fray at the ends pretty quickly. Four-stroke exhaust noises travel for very long distances without losing too much amplitude (read: volume). The dunes are four miles south of my house, and I can easily hear four-stroke quads at any time of day while standing in my front yard. Making it louder will only make it more obvious to others and **** them off at the same time. Wanna keep some riding areas open near you? Don't be a retard and put a really loud exhaust system on your quad. Get something that is tuned for power without excessive amounts of noise, and the world will be a much better place for you and your neighbors. Besides, obnoxiously loud pipes literally scream "redneck." Nothing makes me madder than some stupid idiot on a quad with the loudest pipe they could find. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] If it weren't for the exhaust, I bet I could hear the banjos playing as they ride by.

Sorry for the rant, kid, but I'm sick of these stupid "loud exhaust" questions. Don't be one of those people who do nothing but fan the anti-ATV flames under all the hippies' a$$es.

Old 12-21-2004, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider

I'm looking for a pipe for mine as well, I dont want flat out loud but I want a little deeper sound to it (kind of like the 400's)

Old 12-21-2004, 12:07 PM
Trailblazer

sorry man.......i just was seeing what kind of exhaust would be loud for my ltz250

Old 12-21-2004, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

No need to apoligize ..just yet..keeping around the legal limits for non closed course racing is plenty loud..98dbs is what to shoot for...and that is plenty loud enough.

You will need to apoligize however if you do what Mr. Maddog said and run with staight pipe and yours and my favorite riding areas get shut down.

You have to know, (some dont) that Maddog likes to state the obvious.

Running staight pipes will kill your ears..and your riding buddy..and the pissed off parent that you annoy at your favorite hillclimb might turn you in..

Saw that happen before.

One more thing I owned that Alba pipe with it s/a..it was way to loud for me..my ears were ringing after an half hour of riding...got the WB and couldnt be happier.

Old 12-21-2004, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

Why not have the best of both?
I just put the Yoshi slip on on our 250 and with the sparky out it is quite loud! But I like my neighbors, so I keep it in unless we go to the dunes.

Old 12-21-2004, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider

I have an old DG 2into1 exhaust pipe for my banshee,and it is extremely stupid loud,and on s-tree's 18 mile trail it gets terribly annoying.It was kind of cool at first,youd be like,wow,my quad sounds cool!----it got on my nerves so bad i just ordered the stock pipes for it off of ebay,i know im going to be taking a power cut,but the whisper quiteness will be quite worth it

Quick Reply: LOUD EXHAUST FOR LTZ250...WHAT SHOULD I GET?