Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default don't pull any thing over 120lbs with KQ

post number 100 on this thread XD

Old 01-25-2005, 10:28 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: king700
dude suzuki should not pay for the fix..its your fault it happened..look if something was wrong with the quad when you bought it.you woulda new it the moment you started pulling the log....but you keeped trying..you should fix it with your money and learn a very hard lesson.i dont care how you see it..but from what have been reading in this post..97% of atv owners..especially king quad owners on here arent buying it..something else went wrong..the story just dont jive..sorry..and besides you went 45 min away to buy your quad because it was a few hundred cheeper...nice going on supporting you local dealer...then you bring it in and freak out on them because they dont lie to suzuki about what the quad looked like when they took it apart and saw the belt melted to the pully..suzuki isnt paying for it because they know something dont jive with the story..just deal with it,,pay for the fix,,and sell it like you said you wanted to..good idea
i hope you dont have a problem and they won't fix when you did northing wrong thank about it yes i will have to pay for it but i learned a great lesson thanks good thread

Old 01-25-2005, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

I don,t care what you buy quad, car, boat, plane, if the manufacturer feels the damage was caused by ABUSE they will not cover the cost of repair, read your warr. Yeah I forgot the kq300 was gear drive. I drove 1.5hrs. to buy my quad because I can't stand the local dealer. So that means I drive 1.5hrs. for service and parts, I will not do business with the local dealer.

Old 01-25-2005, 10:44 PM
Trailblazer

I am not a mechanic but the mfgsupply.com web site is advertising a belt for KQ 700 2005 for 29.99. Go to the website before asuming I am wrong.

Old 01-26-2005, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: GOBBLER
I am not a mechanic but the mfgsupply.com web site is advertising a belt for KQ 700 2005 for 29.99. Go to the website before asuming I am wrong.
Yes, they have it for $29.99 for the '05 KG...it is where i have found the best price on the Dayco belt for the Polaris also....I actually just posted over on the Polaris forum to someone elses thread...

Old 01-26-2005, 12:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

shortcut ......

now you and i both know that the manufacture knows what the atv was designed to do! as they are called ATV or a all terrain vehicle and if they have a trailer hitch ......they better expect that something is going to be hooked to it. This was not abuse and they have no proof that you did abuse the machine. One man's normal use of a machine is what someone else would consider abuse. They dealer is not the one to question this. If the dealer indeed thinks it was abuse and can prove it good for them. I don't go out and wreck my vehical into a tree and say that the plastic should be under warranty nor do i expect them to replace everyother bent part on there because it failed due to my brain fade. This was internal damage.

CALL 714-572-1490 this is suzuki customer service and they are on PST time call them and ask them if a stock tire voids the warranty and then tell them who your dealer is and ask them to correct this problem promtly. explain your situation and don't get mad but use a firm voice ......i am sure you will get results. they can tell you what voids the warranty and what doesn't ......when you tell them your dealer is not backing the warranty get proof ///tell them quoted price to fix it ... etc they won't take it lightly i am sure.

Old 01-26-2005, 12:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

Text here is the site i got the info from

Old 01-26-2005, 02:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

This thread has been going on for a while so I thought I'd put my in my .02. I have been reading this forum for a couple of months and am preparing to purchase a new KQ in the next 2 months. Since it is a first year new model I have been waiting to pull the trigger to reassure myself that there are no serious issues. I have been a Honda and Yamaha guy until I found the KQ and fell in love with it. I am trying to put myself in your shoes. You stated that the facts are:

- Pulling a 120lb log in low range
- 1 month old quad
- 135 miles on it
- 25" mudzillas---- Stock are 25", do Ford, Chevy, Dodge, etc, void warranty work for mud tires same size as stock? ABSOLUTELY NOT!

It really concerns me that Suzuki would deny this warranty claim. Something just doesn't add up. How could this be operator abuse under these circumstances? Suzuki lists this quad on their website as a UTILITY QUAD. It sounds to me like utility work was being performed well within normal operating limits. If these are truly the facts.......DON'T GIVE UP! FIGHT SUZUKI! Keep us updated. If they totally deny this claim, I will most likely consider looking at other manufacturers that I know will back up their warranties. I really hope they back it up and live up to their reputation.

==========
2003 Honda Rancher 4x4 25" Super Swamper Vampires WARN Winch 2,500lbs.
2001 Yamaha Beartracker

Old 01-26-2005, 06:07 AM
Weekend Warrior

I work at a dealership and warrenty claims do pay the mechanic LESS $$$ vs regular money coming out of the customers pocket for a said repair..

If you dont know for SURE WHY Suzuki turned down a claim for warrrenty work and YOU work at the dealership,than YOUR dealership has the responsability to find out WHAT caused this claim to be denied and pass that on to your customer...Pulling a 120lb tree will not cause his belt problem..Something was out of wack directly from the factory and SUZUKI should repair his problem and YOUR dealership should back-up this customer..

Old 01-26-2005, 03:39 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: nml4life
This thread has been going on for a while so I thought I'd put my in my .02. I have been reading this forum for a couple of months and am preparing to purchase a new KQ in the next 2 months. Since it is a first year new model I have been waiting to pull the trigger to reassure myself that there are no serious issues. I have been a Honda and Yamaha guy until I found the KQ and fell in love with it. I am trying to put myself in your shoes. You stated that the facts are:

- Pulling a 120lb log in low range
- 1 month old quad
- 135 miles on it
- 25" mudzillas---- Stock are 25", do Ford, Chevy, Dodge, etc, void warranty work for mud tires same size as stock? ABSOLUTELY NOT!

It really concerns me that Suzuki would deny this warranty claim. Something just doesn't add up. How could this be operator abuse under these circumstances? Suzuki lists this quad on their website as a UTILITY QUAD. It sounds to me like utility work was being performed well within normal operating limits. If these are truly the facts.......DON'T GIVE UP! FIGHT SUZUKI! Keep us updated. If they totally deny this claim, I will most likely consider looking at other manufacturers that I know will back up their warranties. I really hope they back it up and live up to their reputation.

theres no bull here i was pulling a tree about 120lbs no branchs. the belt started smoking put it away got my 700 sp polaris and pull it ok .I thank the dealer just wanted to be a jerk not sure why they turned it down they said tires and mud was in my radiator and to drive it on flat ground use low rangewithout a load not sure?
i will sell it as soon as i get fixed i thank i'll look at hondas and polaris you know my bike may be the lemon from suzuki thanks good thread
==========
2003 Honda Rancher 4x4 25" Super Swamper Vampires WARN Winch 2,500lbs.
2001 Yamaha Beartracker