Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

submerged Eiger

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 06:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default submerged Eiger

Has anyone had the unfortunate luck of submerging their Quad for any length of time and if so how much damage was done. A couple of friends of my were riding with me today and the one decided to ride along the edge of a frozen area and the ice collapsed under him and his Eiger went in with him on it he got out frozen but the Quad is on it's side 3/4 submerged and we were not able to get it out today and are going to try again tomorrow . So it will be in overnight has anyone had any similiar misfortune. Biney

Old 01-23-2005, 07:23 PM
Range Rover
Default submerged Eiger

I jumped my Z into a small pond in attica IN. Filled up airbox,exaust,carb,and cylinder with water. I stood quad up to drain water out of exaust and intake,removed filter and rung out, worked throttle open and closed to let any water beyond the slide drain out,pulled plug out and dried with lighter,cranked engine to spit out water through spark plug hole several times,reinstalled plug,and filter. After this it wouldn't start just cranked so a nice guy with a big 4x quad pulled me around for about three whole minutes until we got it pull started. It spit,popped,missed,you name it. I thought it was toast but it cleared out mostlyon the way back to the truck. I then changed the oil twice in the parking lot until there was no more water in oil then it ran good as new!!!! I hopped on it and hit the trails again until the park closed. No smoke,knocks,misses, UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Suzuki motors are tuff!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-23-2005, 07:30 PM
Trailblazer
Default submerged Eiger

Overnight!?!?!?! Will it be cold enough to freeze? , When you get water in it it will drain out but not if its frozen. Also, do not start it up with it in the water, then youre really screwed!

Old 01-23-2005, 07:50 PM
Range Rover
Default submerged Eiger

I used my extreme example for reference. If its a block of ice then you thaw it out in the garage before starting the process. And the order I describe involves removing plug and cranking out water before trying to start.

Old 01-23-2005, 11:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default submerged Eiger

There will be definitely ice overnight ,I am concerned once we get it out if I am going to be able to tow it out of the woods with my Eiger considering the snow made the going a little tough. I needed to use low range to in and out where he sank. I am just wondering if the axles will be frozen up. Biney