Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Well, it's all over with now.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well, it's all over with now.

Rolled in about three hours ago with a brand-spanking-new-0-mile 2005 Vinson Manual Camo. Raining cats out and it's dark so she'll get the first part of her break-in tomorrow. There's a link to a pic in my profile. I think I'll name her Abigail. I almost got a wolverine instead just cause I thought 600 pounds was too big, but she fits my 6'4" frame like a glove. Never even got over half throttle and I can already tell she's got enough power for now. I have definitely got to get rid of those Dunflops and I'm drooling over the MudLite XTR's. Specifically the 27's w/ the 14" rim. Anyone put these on a vinny yet? Will 27's fit well? It looked as if 26 would make a tight fit. I realize it'll prob void all the warranty on most of the drivetrain, but why does the dealer even have to see them?

Oh here's a pic. BrandNew

Old 03-29-2005, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider

Looks nice....but I'd take it back. Looks like they only gave you half the wheels!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-30-2005, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

lol, I should have got it out of the truck before I took the pic, but was too anxious.

Well first night out last night, after a two day rain mind you. It was good and sloppy. I kept her under 1/2 throttle for all (well most) of the 10 miles (Odo was at 13.4 when I got home). Made sure I cycled through all the gears going in and out of 4wd/2wd and Low/High range. I did give it about 3/4 throttle in 3rd gear on the way home on asphalt. She's got more than enough power for me I think. I ride with my neighbor (Quinten) and his best friend. It's all Q's fault that I bought this beast anyway, but that's a topic that needs to stay between me/gf and my family. The funny part about it is everyone thought I was gonna keep it out of the mud, don't wanna scratch a new bike....blah blah blah. Well kinda stunned everyone the first night out. These pics don't do justice (I got the action shots on 35mm), but I forgot my digicam at home so these are pics of the aftermath. While I was at it, I'd throw up some pics of Quentin's bike. It's a 96 Honda 300 4trax w/ Vampires. Again, sorry bout the pic size but my camera will only take one size picture and I don't have the tools to resize them.
Muddy1 Muddy2 Muddy3 Muddy4
Quinten1 Quinten2 Quinten3 Quinten