Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

KING QUAD HESITATION

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 01:16 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KING QUAD HESITATION

whats up with the king quads big hesitation off the start when you jump on the throttle, it wont wheelie and it just seems to have troble getting movin as quick as some of its compatition, such as the grizzly, the grizz will wheelie easy in high gear, this kq 700 wont even wheelie in low, wtf is the problem, prolly the name on the side would answer the problem, someone reply

Old 05-18-2005, 02:57 PM
Trailblazer

There is a low rpm burble on the KQ. I've heard it was purposely put their by Suzuki engineers to make the bike a little safer?? Give people a little more time and new modules will be available that get rid of that stumble and make the King scream.

Old 05-18-2005, 05:48 PM
Trailblazer

I did my first wheelie the other night. I pulled up on the handle bars in low gear and that sucker came up faster than sh&&t.

Old 05-18-2005, 07:05 PM
Range Rover

besides the peice of crap reverse they put in the kq. the hesitation on the bottom end was the real reason I purchased a brute 750 and parked the kq. It does make a good dust collector.

Old 05-18-2005, 11:47 PM
Trailblazer

Achoos!!! Guzunheidt!

Old 05-19-2005, 12:19 AM
Range Rover

kingquader, get the name right, dumb a@s.

Old 05-19-2005, 12:48 AM
Range Rover

.. its a major MFG liability concern..I sometimes go with an insurance adjuster when he investigate's atv deaths ...most of the time its because the front end came up and over, crushing the person "still froze holding on the handle bars"... broken neck can equal death, or if their lucky broken back with cracked ribs and live...I actually trust my 650 prairie more than the kq for serious up hill rides...because there is more weight to the front end of the prairie..my wife had a vinson 5 speed...man that thing would come up and over soooo fast, in first gear going over a log or deep ruts ... if you failed to be carefull.. liability is the reason you probably will never see a 5 speed 700cc utility atv...would be nice though..lol

Old 05-19-2005, 12:17 PM
Range Rover

Part of the KQ's "anti-wheelie device" is the rear suspention. It's set soft it take up the inertia and won't allow for a clean wheelie (turn rear up to 4 or 5 and it wheelies much better). SRA will be better for wheelies most of the time. The griz is stiffer version of an IRS quad...which is why it "bobs" like a cork in a bathtub on tight turns. The trade off for irs and great trail manners is that the wheelie capibilites goes down with a softer rear suspention. The griz is a great quad, and will continue to be a good trail/mud combo. The KQ leans more toward the trail then the griz and is better at it stock then the griz...both machines can be modified with a set of Ekalas...etc, to make the trail abilites better.

I ride with three griz's... they love the kq...and two would trade after riding it! It feels way lighter on the trails and is eaisier to rip the trails. With the elevation changes we ride in, they really get upset, they have to re-jet for a three day trip to the mountains or run the trails at 60% of normal power and foul plugs... the KQ adjusts.

I think you might have mistaken the idea of "doing all things well" with doing everything best. The KQ wins because it is number 1 , 2 , or 3 at everthing it does. Giving it a higher end score then a quad that is 1 in power but 6 in handeling, 4 in steering. The KQ wins these shootouts not by dominating every catagory ... but buy being a great "all -around " quad.

For the drag strip get a brute...

For fast trails with no deep snow or mud... get a praire

For mud holes ..get a H1 or Griz...

For reliability and reputation...get a Honda...

For hauling tons of stuff on your racks, get a polaris or AC...

For high elevations and good all around capabilities get a KQ....

Quads are not a "one size wins all" type machine, I'm tired of the dunder-heads on this site that think everything is about pounding on your chest and claiming that their 350 is the best quad ever made or that there 700 is the greatest quad made or 750... give it a rest! Buy a quad that fits your riding style or your driving habits or your area of the country and have a great time! Criss-crossing the forums looking to get into a pissing match is absolutely worthless! If you don't like yamaha's stay off their site...you think AC are made of tin cans, or that polaris is junk, or that hondas are over-rated...why go try to start a fight?

This site can be a great way to learn about your quad ...it's problems and it's good points, talk about mods and aftermarket goodies, share stories and learn from each other... but the threads on here are will drive anyone away from any worthwhile discussions that will benifit anyone.

P.S. if your here to just shoot your mouth off.... I guess that it is your right to do so, just remember it is better to be quiet and be thought to be a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt!!!!!

Old 05-19-2005, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

I wanna nominate MoonZooki for president.....if he can calm down this post with common sense maybe he can get them ragheads to sit down and listen to some common sense too......

Old 05-20-2005, 08:29 AM
Trailblazer

man am i lost? i thought i logged on to atv connection (the soap opera board). 95 % of this column seems to be inteligent and thought out replys. i guess im getting old because i just dont get the wheelie and power sliding corner thing that seems to take up so much space. we ride the mtns of ky,tenn,and wva and the kq (after mudlites) has yet to falter at any obsticle in its way. i kinda like the delay. i think its kept me out of trouble in several off camber rock climbing situations where an accidental goose of the throttle could have been disasterous. if i want to wheelie or jump ill get on one of my boys 400 exs and tear it up but they dont rock crawl very well and seem to get stuck in the mud alot. maybe different quads were designed to do different things? as of today the kq has done to perfection exactly what i bought it for and if the day comes that it doesnt do what it was designed to do, ill be on here tearing suzuki a new one. my 2500hd pickup rides a little rough and my grandprix wont pull the 5th wheel. HUH. good luck and safe riding!

Quick Reply: KING QUAD HESITATION