Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

KingQuad radiator protection

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 01:01 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KingQuad radiator protection

Does anyone know of an idea or a kit to protect the radiator on the new Kinqquad? It looks really vulnerable. I haven’t had any problems yet but I would like to protect it instead of repair it. And has anyone damaged it yet?

Thanks for any ideas or replies!

Old 06-14-2005, 12:45 AM
Range Rover

I made my own guards for the rad. there are some pics in my sig. I still have the template and have been thinking of building some more and selling them on ebay.

Old 06-14-2005, 09:46 AM
Trailblazer

They look like factory! If you do decide to make some and put them on eBay let me know. By the way that is a sweet looking quad you have there. I especially like the color! Been thinking of buying some new rims for my quad. Now I know exactly what they would look like on my quad

Thanks for the reply and the pics on you web page!

Old 06-14-2005, 04:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

I haven't had any damage, but just this past weekend I had some mud get packed in the rad. My temp light kept coming on. In the last hour of the ride I had to stop 5 or 6 times to shut it off and let the fan run. I rode fast through a couple creeks and even sprayed it with a water bottle but it didn't get it out. I'll have to pressure wash it. There was 8 of us riding together and I was the only one with the problem. Has this ever happened to you guys?

2005 Suzuki Kingquad 700
Yellow
27" ITP 589's

Old 06-14-2005, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider

I get mud in mine alot, but not enough to turn the light on, I wash the radiator out after every ride to keep it clean as can be. Kingme, I would love a set of those guards!

Old 06-15-2005, 01:54 AM
Range Rover

Ill make some up this weekend and let ya know.

Old 06-15-2005, 11:36 AM
Pro Rider

I have the same problem with the rad.....If you make some more guards....ill buy a set from you too.

Old 06-15-2005, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider

Please, for the love of God, DO NOT use a pressure washer on your radiator. You'll turn your radiator into a very expensive paper weight, the high pressure bends the fins over and you'll never get proper air flow through it. Just wash it out w/ a waterhose real good after every run. Also, go get some coil cleaner that A/C and appliance repairmen use, that stuff is great. There's also an aluminum cleaner that's basically a weak acid. It cleans those fins very good.

Old 06-15-2005, 01:55 PM
Pro Rider

yeah, I use the garden hose after every ride with its still warm (if I can) and wash the radiator out till the water comming out starts to stay clean, I am amazed how much mud actually hides in there.

Old 06-21-2005, 04:01 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Kingme, how's it going. I do not know if you remember me, I am the guy who made up that online petition against Suzuki for the KingQuad reverse issue earlier in the year?

I am just now getting my KQ, arrived at the dealer last week and I paid them today, pick it up next week once they get all the accessories installed. I know why did I not get it NOW!, I am moving into a new house at the end of the week and currently have no where to store it, new house has a garage.

I wanted to ask you if you have had any problems with the KQ overheating with those radiator protectors installed. I asked the dealer about covering them up and they were telling me not to ask it might overheat. The only real good advice is real world advice and I was wondering if you had any overheat problems?

Thanks

Quick Reply: KingQuad radiator protection