Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

z450 inside info

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default z450 inside info

the dealer show is in aug thats when you will see a pic...LTZevil400 you going to put that goki e- start on your 450r?that goki e- start for the 450r looks like goki took the internal oil galley and made it external on the outside .don't think i would like that.but i am not for sure but looks that way in their pics.

Old 07-08-2005, 09:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default z450 inside info

well not to get off topic here I do realize this is a suzuki forum. However it looks as if the polaris guys are going to get a glimpse of their new 450cc sport quad before we do. SUZUKI PLEASE SHOW US THIS QUAD BEFORE THE JULY 22ND POLARIS UNVEILING!!! I think this is a great thing with so many choices now that manufactures actually have to update and listen to the sport quad segment, it truly is one of the best times to be in to high performance atv's. I mean think about it right now we have honda and yamaha, with suzuki and apparantly polaris right on the way, and rumors have said the BRP as well as kawasaki will have offerings a little later. As if you couldn't tell I am really excited and cannot wait to see how it all plays out and the best news is for all us sport quad riders WE ALL WIN. We each may have are underlying favorites which we feel are best , but it no longer means we are looking through want ads for sport quads that are 15 years old or better and beat to crap to become are favorite rides.

Old 07-09-2005, 04:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default z450 inside info

suzuki's not going to show it before their dealer show.let them have their moment because when its released and when they see it run this will be the look on their faces[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] but yep its a win for us cuz no more waiting 2-4years on quad updates .every makers going to have to step it up now

Old 07-11-2005, 03:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default z450 inside info

sounds pretty crazy id love to see one...but the only down side i can think of is it will prob be atleast 10000...and i wouldnt want fuel injection anyway look at what happend to cannondale.....theres just that much more things that can go wrong when your racing.

Old 07-12-2005, 09:04 AM
Pro Rider
Default z450 inside info

I am gonna have to see this thing before i belive it. and if this is all true the price tag on this thing is gonna be outrageous. But i still thing i am going to get the Raptor 700 as soon as the one i ordered comes in. Because the Suzuki is going to be crappy in some trails and i just dont think i will like it.

Old 07-12-2005, 10:10 PM
Range Rover
Default z450 inside info

so this will be the last year for the z400 and
the 450 will replace it?

Old 07-12-2005, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default z450 inside info

Originally posted by: KRAZYKRACKER
so this will be the last year for the z400 and
the 450 will replace it?
Nope the 450 is made for racing the 400 is for trail riding. Its like honda with the 450r and 400ex except the Zs are better.(honda really needs to step it up like they do for dirtbikes)

Old 07-13-2005, 11:38 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default z450 inside info

I now know why it has taken the manufacturers so long to get back in the market for sport and racing atv's. It is because of all the WHINERS AND COMPLAINERS!! I can just see at the factory someone walks in to work with a idea and the first thing he hears, rather then reinforcement (we are on the same team u know) is someone saying "that will never work or I wouldn't ever like that, thats stupid". lord help us if there is some variation between models that one may be better at mx and one might be a better trail machine. If you want a great trail machine you have it, just in case you didn't know it is called a z400 and it has reverse as well as electric start for everyone who wants that (include me on this for a trail or sport quad). so when they go ***** out on a racer why whine and complain about it? it is not like they are making just one quad for you to choose from. The other point I would like to make is alot of improvements can come to sport quad through race quads. It is a trickle down theory even if you can't afford a new z450 so you complain about it, quite possibly a new inovation that they use on it may just be something you might like to have on your sport quad. for example (concentric chain adjustment that yamaha added to there quad this year) and guess what there are still more inovations like that, that are still yet to come. I hate to go off on some of you in here. But I can't stand whiners complaining about a quad they haven't even seen yet and know nothing about. It is like my kids telling me they don't like a food that they never tried before HOW DO YOU KNOW!!!! I am personally like I have said before very excited about the release of this quad as well as the polaris, kawasaki, and BRP releases that should be here shortly. If you are truly a enthusiast about this sport I can't see how you could have any other opinion. more quads means more variation and that should appeal to more people who can catch the bug and contribute some more enthusiasm about our sport!!!

Old 07-13-2005, 12:58 PM
TPR
The Champ
Default z450 inside info

Originally posted by: cannonspeed
I now know why it has taken the manufacturers so long to get back in the market for sport and racing atv's. It is because of all the WHINERS AND COMPLAINERS!! I can just see at the factory someone walks in to work with a idea and the first thing he hears, rather then reinforcement (we are on the same team u know) is someone saying "that will never work or I wouldn't ever like that, thats stupid". lord help us if there is some variation between models that one may be better at mx and one might be a better trail machine. If you want a great trail machine you have it, just in case you didn't know it is called a z400 and it has reverse as well as electric start for everyone who wants that (include me on this for a trail or sport quad). so when they go ***** out on a racer why whine and complain about it? it is not like they are making just one quad for you to choose from. The other point I would like to make is alot of improvements can come to sport quad through race quads. It is a trickle down theory even if you can't afford a new z450 so you complain about it, quite possibly a new inovation that they use on it may just be something you might like to have on your sport quad. for example (concentric chain adjustment that yamaha added to there quad this year) and guess what there are still more inovations like that, that are still yet to come. I hate to go off on some of you in here. But I can't stand whiners complaining about a quad they haven't even seen yet and know nothing about. It is like my kids telling me they don't like a food that they never tried before HOW DO YOU KNOW!!!! I am personally like I have said before very excited about the release of this quad as well as the polaris, kawasaki, and BRP releases that should be here shortly. If you are truly a enthusiast about this sport I can't see how you could have any other opinion. more quads means more variation and that should appeal to more people who can catch the bug and contribute some more enthusiasm about our sport!!!
Amen brother.....that is the point I have been making all along!!! Our enthusiasm paces our sport and they (the manufacturers) know this. I realize that they have to be responsible for liability sake, and they have paid the price in the past because of the few that didn't take responsiblity for themselves. Because of a few our sport atrophied in the 90's and now were are back on track!!!
Kepp fighting the good.

TPR

Old 07-13-2005, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default z450 inside info

Nope the 450 is made for racing the 400 is for trail riding. Its like honda with the 450r and 400ex except the Zs are better.(honda really needs to step it up like they do for dirtbikes)[/quote]

I don't know where this idea that a 450 racer won't make a good trail bike comes from. I have buddies who trail ride 450r's and yfz450's, Hell I even trail ride my banshee and ds, I mean on paper there might be better choices for a trail bike, but trail riding on a ds or banshee is better that sitting on a couch watching tv. 450 racers make excellent trail bikes.

Quick Reply: z450 inside info