Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

z450 inside info

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default z450 inside info

Not the best for us woods, mud, creek, and trailriders but Zuki has got to keep up with the competition on the track. Another quad is only good news my friend.

Old 07-06-2005, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default z450 inside info

Originally posted by: cannonspeed
yea why add the weight of a battery? if you are not going to make it electric start b/c I am sure they tried to keep it as light as possible. So I would think also that is what it means in so many words.
Not the best for us woods, mud, creek, and trailriders but Zuki has got to keep up with the competition on the track. Another quad is only good news my friend.

Old 07-06-2005, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default z450 inside info

Originally posted by: motox26
One thing you guys aren't considering, is that there are a lot of guys that have to have the best performance bike out there even if they will ride it on the trails. So if zuki comes out with a really great MX quad, there will still be plenty of them on the trails, not to mention dunes to.

I think buying the baddest quad when you can't even use it to it's potential makes up for the lack of testicular fortitude of some guys[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
that is true too. i know someone like that. they buy the quad that is the new hype and and they claim how it can beat everything. then something new comes out and they buy that and then that can beat everything. remember a couple years ago when the yfz could beat any quad?

Old 07-06-2005, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default z450 inside info

Originally posted by: jus650
My neighbor is the owner on a local Kawasaki dealership here in Southern Wisconsin & I was talking with him this weekend about the new Kawasaki quads ( made by Suzuki as you all know ) & he said the 450's exist & will be released in Sept. or October.
The 450's do exist but will not be the same quad.

Also the partnership between the two companies will end in 2007
The partnership may officially end in 07, but they have already stopped sharing the praire/twinpeaks. I don't think they would realease a quad together for just one year. I think 07 is for the kfx 400 and everything else that they are still sharing in 06.
the partnership is not ending in 07. thats not true. the only true thing about that is some models will be made for only a specific company.

Old 07-06-2005, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default z450 inside info

after 2007 there are are no more shared vehicles.2007 is the last year kaw will have the kfx in its lineup.they are still sharing resources.the battery in the ltz450r is for the efi.the e- start was scrapped to save weight.if you want a trail quad thats what the z400 is for.doug gust said that the suspenion was better than all the aftermarket suspenions he has used in the past.but yeah i am sure its going to be set up for his weight,but still remember its going to be a factory shocks, a-arms and swingarm they arm going to be using.

Old 07-06-2005, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default z450 inside info

If it is kick start only, why have a battery at all. A 300 watt stator would easily run lights, ignition, and efi. A battery weighs more than a starter motor. Suzuki would only save 2-3 pounds by not having a starter motor. But we will see this fall.

Old 07-07-2005, 07:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default z450 inside info

just got august issue of atv action and in the inside scoop section it says the z450 will have electric start, and that in the september issue they will have photos of the new machine. blackbird I am in no means trying to argue with you and your knowledge of the machine being kickstart only just stating what has been published

Old 07-07-2005, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default z450 inside info

who know maybe suzuki changed their minds again and put the e- start back on it .i am just going on what my inside info told me.hope they do put it on it ,cuz i hate kickstarting quads on hillclimbs

Old 07-08-2005, 01:49 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default z450 inside info

Originally posted by: blackbird
who know maybe suzuki changed their minds again and put the e- start back on it .i am just going on what my inside info told me.hope they do put it on it ,cuz i hate kickstarting quads on hillclimbs
Ain't that the truth!!! I'll be putting E-start on my 450R even if I buy the Z450. Never can have too many E-start quads laying around[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-08-2005, 03:32 AM
Range Rover
Default z450 inside info

In all of this talk about the Z450 has anyone even seen a pic of the bike? I've been looking for hours with no luck at all.
I really hope that they stay with the e-start and leave it up to the rider on whether or not he or she wants to take it off.
I bought a 04' Z400 and gave it to my wife and she fell in love with it.

Quick Reply: z450 inside info