Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

DONE WITH EBAY

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005 | 05:38 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default DONE WITH EBAY

Instead of dumping money into my quad to make it pretty,I have been upgrading parts to make it a more solid sturdy machine.so I bought a lonestar swingarm for my LT250r and the good bearing carrier for 436 dollars on ebay,and i have never got it. I have filed a complaint with pay pal,but it takes them over a month to figure it out.last winter I also bought a motor that was suposedly rebuilt ,but it was blown sky high bottom and top,and the cases were destroyed where the rod went through the case.
I also bought a set of suposedly perfect cases,to replace the ones in the blown motor i bought. And they came with repaired rod damage. I figure using ebay has cost me about a thousand bucks because of jerks selling crap and ripping people off. I may use ebay again,but ill use escrow payment from now on. By the way,i have pics of my lt up finaly,it looks the same now,except with no swingarm.

Old 07-28-2005 | 06:53 AM
Pro Rider
Default DONE WITH EBAY

I agree.... I stop buying off ebay some time ago for the very same reason....
People on their misrepresent their products and ebay does nothing about it... Ebay is full of scams, fraud, and rip-offs...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 07-28-2005 | 09:46 AM
Trailblazer
Default DONE WITH EBAY

I love ebay because it's a buyers market and the deals can't be beat. If you paid with a credit card, call your CC company and do an online fraud claim and they will refund your money. I now only pay with a CC through paypal on ebay unless I've done business with the seller before. I've done over 150 buying transactions and I've only been scamed once but I was able to get my money back thanks to my CC company. If I paid full price for my mods, I would have thousands invested rather then a couple hundred

Old 07-28-2005 | 10:00 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Default DONE WITH EBAY

Ive probubly spent 12-15K on ebay in the last 3 years. Only came close to getting burned once. I won a auction and the guy wouldnt respond, so I didnt send any money. The key to sucess is communication. Asking for pictures of the view not shown is real important too. I always assume that everyone is hiding something, and if they wont prove they are not, then I dont bid.

Old 07-28-2005 | 10:33 AM
Pro Rider
Default DONE WITH EBAY

I dunno i always thought Ebay was just too risky for something expenive maybe for like a toothbrush i would buy from Ebay ha

Old 07-28-2005 | 10:42 AM
Pro Rider
Default DONE WITH EBAY

My first hundred or so ebay auctions went perfect both buying and selling. Then it all started going down hill. I bought a set of nerf bars, paid then never herd a word. Guy had 100% feedback for 45 I guess I was the one he started screwing. I did found out later he screwed me and two other people. I did get my money back except for the 30.00 processing fee (bs). I sold a set of used Realtor tires about 3 months ago and they bid up to 135.00 so I was satisified. I wake up the next day to find out the high bidder withdrew all of his bids. The guy he had outbid decided sence he had been outbid to buy new. When he found out he was the high bidder again he cancelled his bids. This all happened one day to the end of the sale, thay sold for 81.00. Guess what after all of that they never paid. So I had to relist them. Finaly sold for 85.00. So one more time I tried ebay and listed a real nice 2004 yfz in almost perfect condition, the high bidder has naver made contact or paid. I will never use ebay again, ever. I am going to try to get out of the listing fees and selling fees but I'm sure thay will f**k me over to.

Old 07-28-2005 | 11:10 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default DONE WITH EBAY

Originally posted by: TehWarriorGuy
I dunno i always thought Ebay was just too risky for something expenive maybe for like a toothbrush i would buy from Ebay ha
toothbrush? Hopefully it's new and not used. lol

Old 07-28-2005 | 11:21 AM
TIC
Pro Rider
Default DONE WITH EBAY

I was finally burnt on ebay for the first time, I use money orders because I still fear anyone having my credit card # or my bank account number. I tried over and over again to contact seller, filed a claim. and finally after two months I AGAIN emailed the seller saying I was gonna be in there area on buisness and i would just stop buy the address where I mailed the money order and pick up my stuff.....

I rcvd my package from seller 4 days later!!!!!!!! Guess they didnt like the idea that I may actually stop buy there home.

Old 07-28-2005 | 11:32 AM
Pro Rider
Default DONE WITH EBAY

That is an advantage to using Money Orders, just watch out for mail drop locations. Before I send a MO I look up the address on Yahoo Maps.

Old 07-28-2005 | 02:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default DONE WITH EBAY

Of course its used studies show used toothbrushes clean better [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: DONE WITH EBAY