Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

2-Stroke vs 4-Stroke owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2-Stroke vs 4-Stroke owners

Originally posted by: Niskibum

Obviously from the last couple of posts on this thread you don't know as much about engines as you think you do.
Yep, and obviously neither do you. So, you still think the outlander 800 has the power delivery of a 250r?

Old 08-23-2005, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

Try again, that bike gets ridden hard every hunting season, and carries big loads frequently.
Yeah, hunting season, whats that 10-15 rides a year. If I rode my banshees 10-15 times a year they wouldn't need rebuilt for 10 years. What are you hauling on that 350, elk, black bear, or a few rabbits.

Old 08-23-2005, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider

How about we scrap them both and just get one of these?

They have some definite advantages.

"- The engine size and weight will be at least 1/5 of the conventional piston engine.
- The Quasiturbine is so quiet, that little muffler sound attenuator would be required.
- Being a zerovibration engine, no special damping support is required, neither a separated and well-insulated engine compartment.
- The Quasiturbine being a low rpm high torque engine, there will be no need for a conventional gearbox (except for reverse).
However, a constant gear ratio may be required such that at maximum loaded engine rpm, the vehicle is going near its maximum speed.
- Furthermore, since the quasiturbine can run in all orientations, it could easily be fixed with vertical shaft (with only a clutch, no gearbox) directly on the wheel differential, having its driving shaft directed up-ward straight into the Quasiturbine.
- Alternatively, since both ends of the Quasiturbine shaft can give full take-off power, it could be located with the shaft in line within two wheels.
- More thermodynamically efficient. Saving an extra 8 to 10% by suppressing the gearbox, and substantial additional saving over the vehicle live time by weight reduction.
- Less polluant (500 times less NOx ?).
- Idle can be as low as 200 rpm; and 0 rpm (complete stop and restart when needed) for fluid energy converter mode (pneumatic, steam, cryogenic ...).
QT50 maximum revolution is 3000 rpm, QT400 maximum revolution is 2000 rpm (higher value may be possible ?).
- Unseen accelerations ! The Quasiturbine has no dead time and no flywheels (which are responsible for slowing the vehicle acceleration)."
Scrap 2 and 4 strokes for that. What would I do with it. Look at it. Is that motor even in a vehicle of any kind?

Old 08-23-2005, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

Perhaps this is why you have to rebuild them so much, proper maintenance goes a long way toward preventing breakdowns.
Don't know what else to do other than change the oil and clean the air filter. Perhaps I should change the blinker fluid, and rotate the powerband like you.

Old 08-23-2005, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

I've taken all the gaskets out of my motors, that way I never have to change the oil. I just fill it up with fresh oil every time I ride. LOL

Old 08-23-2005, 08:56 PM
Range Rover

Let's face it for you average atv consumer a 4-stroke is the better choice, otherwise manufacturers would be more inclined to produce two-strokes again. The emissions technology is there in snowmobiles and PWC so I don't believe that is the issue.

That being said for the serious sport rider a 2-stroke is better in my opinion and as evident by the ATVA's ban on two-strokes in professional competetion. Without the ban all the riders would still all be on 250R based quads and the manufactures would not have the R&D and marketing opputunities to sell there new 4-strokes.

There are lots of reasons the general public wouldn't want to buy a two-stroke and lots of reasons the general public would want to buy a 4-stroke. With icreasing popularity and developement of racing oriented 4-strokes now the serious sport rider has more reasons to buy one even if it may not be as fast as the old two strokes.

I personally think the move to four strokes is good for the entire industry/community, hey it's even good for me cause I can hop on my old two stroke and laugh as I ride past them.

Old 08-23-2005, 09:01 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: midnite

Obviously from the last couple of posts on this thread you don't know as much about engines as you think you do.
Yep, and obviously neither do you. So, you still think the outlander 800 has the power delivery of a 250r?
Gee, I don't know. Maybe if you could come up with some actual numbers and years of quads for this mystery engine instead of just pulling them out of you know where. How about backing up your claims with some real data, since your facts have already been proven to be wrong on this thread.

Heres a link for the 800 specs, put one up for your 250r and prove me wrong.

Old 08-23-2005, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

So how do you know about the low end power comparisons of quads that you don't even know the year of? Pretty hard for me to look at a comparison when I can't even find any stats on them.
Come on, use your common sense. Do you really think those polaris 400 2-stroke utes have the power delivery of a 250r, or banshee? It would be assanine to put that type of power delivery in a ute.

So I guess the new 800 Bomb is just asinine, as well as the Brute force, or the 800 Polaris........
Did you write this or not? You seem to be implying that the outlander 800, bf, and 800 polaris have the same power delivery sa a 250r or banshee.

Old 08-23-2005, 09:11 PM
Range Rover

Try again, that bike gets ridden hard every hunting season, and carries big loads frequently.
Yeah, hunting season, whats that 10-15 rides a year. If I rode my banshees 10-15 times a year they wouldn't need rebuilt for 10 years. What are you hauling on that 350, elk, black bear, or a few rabbits.

Here you go talking about something that you know nothing about. Hunting season here starts at the end of August and continues through December, not to mention the month and a half of spring bear season.

I'm through debating you over things that you are simply making guesses about(and wrong ones at that) I have better things to do with my time.

Old 08-23-2005, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

Have a nice day.

Quick Reply: 2-Stroke vs 4-Stroke owners