Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 04:27 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helmet?

I have an HJC as well as 3 others in my family. I bought mine for the combination of price/features. Removable liners make cleaning much easier after a dusty ride, vents if you ride where it is warm and WEIGHT was one of the big factors to me. My HJC (I think it is an AC-X2) weighs less than 3 lbs. You might not think a quarter or half pound makes a difference, and on a quick ride it probably doesn't, but go ride the dunes all day and I think you can tell. Check the current specs because the same model can change from year to year (I bought mine two years ago at Rocky Mountain ATV for $150. I got my wife the same helmet only with a real cool "brushed chrome" look earlier this year for about $160 at motox outlet (I think it's motoxoutlet.com) but that was inside the store, on their website it was more $ for some reason. The same helmet is like $225 at Rocky Mountain ATV. Price doesn't really matter as long as you get at least the SNELL approved, after that it is simply features/comfort/looks/preference. Overall HJC seems to have a good bang for the buck compared to some of the others.