Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

One year after introduction how do you like the King Quad?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 02:43 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One year after introduction how do you like the King Quad?

Originally posted by: THE700KING
i love it the best quad ive had ive got 1500 miles on mine now with only oil changes ...ive done mods and its just awsome...

Did you need to adjust your valves before 1500 miles?

Old 12-03-2005, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider

mike545,

I don't think you can come on here and say that the KQ darn near killed you w/o some details so that we can make a better informed decision! I mean what are we supposed to do with that comment??????????

Old 12-03-2005, 03:56 PM
Trailblazer

I like alot of others who rode very aggessive(4 racers that i know off) had horrible time with bump steer, small bump or rock,etc... ripps the handle bars out of you hands and over the bars you go. But other than that i loved the machine. I know now that some riders have fixed the prob by modifing the upper a arm to give more camber,( i guy in canada i think, good job) but for me if i bought a 7 grand quad i shouldnt have to modify it. so i dont break my neck, remember im not the only one that had this prob. my .02

Old 12-03-2005, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider

mike545,

thanks for the explanation. Ok, what do you say to a guy like me, 6'5", 250 lbs, 31 yrs old who wants his first quad and a sporty ute at that....most likely a big bore (or 500cc+) that will do a lot of trail riding, hill climbs, creating my own trails in the woods, creekbeds, some water, quicker fireroads.......I have been on here since early summer with a lot of post trying to learn, learn, learn....I am considering an '06 Rin, '06 KQ, & an '06 BF650 with IRS. Although the bf650 doesn't have efi it is something that I would like to have. Trying to stay around 7k or less (no Bomb 800).....I haven't found the "perfect" quad....... One other thing is that I won't be doing any work with it except MAYBE a little snowplowing from time to time.

Looks like you have a Rincon and I am considering it but that one scares me as well with the engine braking and no locker.....also a first yr model with the efi.

Any advice???

Old 12-03-2005, 07:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

I love the locker. It has proven itself many times. The fact is, my wife is a great rider. Combined with the 4wd and locker when the going really gets tough, I never have to worry about her getting stuck. Advice? Don't get a machine without a locker:-)

Old 12-03-2005, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider

I definitely agree with that...I feel invincible at times with the KQ's locker on and I still have the stock tires. I love the King Quad's entire 4wd system, it has NEVER let me down! This is one thing the Kawaski's don't have over the King Quad.. they don't have instant 4wd you have to drive a quite few feet at times before it engages, not good in a mud hole when you need it!!

Old 12-03-2005, 10:24 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Toyeboy
I definitely agree with that...I feel invincible at times with the KQ's locker on and I still have the stock tires. I love the King Quad's entire 4wd system, it has NEVER let me down! This is one thing the Kawaski's don't have over the King Quad.. they don't have instant 4wd you have to drive a quite few feet at times before it engages, not good in a mud hole when you need it!!
Amen, Toyeboy, I definitely agree that the KQ has it going on in the 4x4 set-up department. Wish it wasn't having all of its other problems though.

Stocks, I'd stay away from that new BF 650i if I were you. I saw it, and very badly wanted to consider it, too. But, as Toy mentioned, the 4x4 and locker are not instant things on the Kawasaki's. Could get yourself in a jam with a case like that. Did you ever check out the Grizz?

Old 12-03-2005, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

It's too bad Suzuki had to put a junk filter in the King Quad..it really is a great ATV, with even better possiblities once the low end lag is gone.

Old 12-04-2005, 07:15 AM
Trailblazer

Stocks, no doubt a kq is a great bike, the Rincon hands down is a more sport ute than a worker and is a better handling quad, im used to sport quads so using brakes to go down hill is no biggie to me, the 06 is supposed to be much better , i wouldnt worry about the fi being first year, so was the kq and its proven its self. If you want more mudd and work go king, more sport go rincon

Old 12-04-2005, 08:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

line up the 05 king 700 and a 05 brute 650 and the king will take the whole shot. the i can stand up my king without much problem totally stock without ripping my arms out. the only large bike that is quicker and has not had the problems ive had is the prairie. if you are playin it safe i suggest the griz just because its been the same forever now with less problems. ive hadnt noticed this "loose steering" others have. ive just replaced the belt twice in 300 miles! suzuki says i tow to hard and ive never towed with it?!!

Quick Reply: One year after introduction how do you like the King Quad?