Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

One year after introduction how do you like the King Quad?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 07:54 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One year after introduction how do you like the King Quad?

@corona22,
here in Germany there are only efew really good offical trails. You have to pay about 20$ a day and then you can ride the hole day. but this is not so interesting as riding in the nature. Most of us ride much miles on the roads because our ATVs are all street legal.. But the harder once(smile)ride everywhere in nature. it makes more fun to ride in the forest or in the hills about rocks and stoney trails. But most its not allowed. So we have to watch out that no hunters or other passengers will see us or that no police or othet "uniformed" will catch us(smile).
My 4000 miles are 70 % in nature and the rest on the roads.
Greetz from Germany
Herby

http://www.pixum.de/members/herby901...149b2b186075dc

Old 01-22-2006, 04:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a 05 king quad and love it all stock and use it hard hunting and playing. I have 90 hours and 700 miles I just noticed the other day a tapping/knocking sound from the top end but I think I am in need of a valve ajustment I have not done that yet. If any of you out there have done it when was I supose to do it and how hard is it. I love my king quad and do not what it to suffer of my lack of taking care of it. I have had not air fiter problems or any others for that matter. My belt has squeaked a couple times so I will probable be changing this soon. I use it hard pull trailers hall animals out of canyons at times over 250lb on front and back for a total of 500 lb of deer and two riders. also have the 06 vinson also a great ATV had to get a nother after my wife did not want me to have all the fun.

05 King Quad
06 Vinson

Old 01-24-2006, 08:05 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for response Herby, interesting how things are different from place to place. I am curious about the tires
I would think the ITP's would not be a good choice on the street considering their agressive tread design.

For future replacemets from the original manufacturer tire I am looking at different radials, but have not locked
in yet exactly what I want. I was able to pick up a new set of originals that were never used from a guy
that purchased a new KQ and he had put new ITP tires and wheels on it. Actually, for the street the originals have
been pretty good. I expect to get about 3500 to 4000 miles on them before I have to replace them.

If I can figure out how to attach pictures I'll include with my address.

If you are ever thinking about a trip to the States, and want to see the Black Hills of South Dakota from a
KQ prospective let me know.

Old 01-24-2006, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

If I may hijack....

I try to ride the Black Hills about twice a year. I have only gone up in the Nemo/Piedmont/Stagebarn area and in the Grasslands at Farmingdale. Have you ever rode these places? How is it near you?

Old 01-25-2006, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider

Had my K.Q. for almost a year...cannot say enough good things about this machine. It has the best of everything. There will always be other manufacturers that are coming out with machines that have select features. This machine (K.Q.) has more bang for the buck than anything out there!

Old 01-25-2006, 09:27 AM
Trailblazer

Trailblazer thanks for the response. Where are you from? Actually I used to ride a lot out of Stagebarn
area as a friend lived right there at Exit 48 Blackhawk. Actually things have changed considerably in
that area for access to the hills as the trail natzi's have pretty much closed all those access areas.
I think the main fire road out of Piedmont is about the only thing remaining.

We ride regularly in the Nemo, Rochford and Deerfield areas. However, as I live in the southern hills
we have a few sort of unknown spots down here to ride that are great.

Old 01-25-2006, 07:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

@ Corona22,
thanks for your Invitation to South Dakota, maybe sometime I`ll travel to the States, then I`ll call you. It`s a really nice idea!
The same to you and all you guys, if anyone will come to Germany and will spend a few days with ATV Riding, I would be glad to show you my Country, and its possible to live in my big Camper.
Meanwhile I got 3 Sets of tiresand rims. One set Innova Mud Gear in 27x10-12 and 27x12-12 for Mud and snow and for slowly riding on streets but only until 40 - 50 miles/hour. Then a set of ITP 589 in 27x9-12 and 27x11-12 for deep Mud and no street riding, and a set Shenn Ching C 828 in 25x 8-12 and 25x10-12 for Street riding and light terrain and rocks. It`s a little bit work to change the tires when I ride on streets or in terrain, but it`s worth to do it. So I have always the best tire for the ride. But in Winter I have always the Innovas on. They are really great in snow. Espacally fresh Powder snow.

My King withe selfmade bumpers and Innova tires.

Old 01-25-2006, 09:36 PM
Trailblazer

Herby, I am speechless!!!! What great looking modifications. I have not seen anything even close
to that good here anywhere including the magazines. Are the headlights standard in Germany, or
did you modify them also.

What kind of top end do you get on the street. I have had mine up to 70 mph, but it is a lot more
comfortable around 55 mph. Have you made any modification to the suspension to deal with street riding.
How about the engine, any mods there. Also, I don't recall have you, or are you aware of the problem with
the paper air filter.

Old 01-25-2006, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Corona22
Trailblazer thanks for the response. Where are you from? Actually I used to ride a lot out of Stagebarn
area as a friend lived right there at Exit 48 Blackhawk. Actually things have changed considerably in
that area for access to the hills as the trail natzi's have pretty much closed all those access areas.
I think the main fire road out of Piedmont is about the only thing remaining.

We ride regularly in the Nemo, Rochford and Deerfield areas. However, as I live in the southern hills
we have a few sort of unknown spots down here to ride that are great.
I am from IA and usually make a fall &/or spring trip.

I know what you mean about the changes. There were some new fenced off areas and actually alot had changed from a recent fire so that hampered things as well.

Old 01-26-2006, 01:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

@ corona22,
the headlights are not Standard. The Standart Ligts are the same as you have. I modified them myself. They have each 55 W power. And they are really good. I did no modifying at the engine. But my
King has no Lag as the most other Kings in US. But a few Freinds of mine got 3 new Kings and they all have also a Lag. I don`t know why mine not.
My Top end is also about 70miles, with the 25" tires. I did mount new Shocks from a Yamaha YFZ450 in front, and from a Honda TRX450 in rear. But this is also not the best Solution. Meanwhile I rebuild it to the original shocks. The King has not the best Performance for high speed street riding, but most time I ride in terrain,and therefore it is all the same to me.
I got a new ECM in Summer, and new Tierods in December. But the original were not defeckt. Now i have two ECMs and a new set of tierods in reserve. Othe Modifikations are the warn 3.0ci Front winch, and the rear winch. And I got an Alarm installation -the Legos 3- which is with remote controll and shocksensor and Infrared sensor and Gravitation sensor. It works really good. Here in Germany I don`t know anyone who`s got Probs with the Airfilter. Maybe because it`s not very dusty here in Germany?!
-----------
Herby